*POLL* Which dynasty do you want to see?

Which team do you want to see in a dynasty report?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I am calling an audible on which team I will be using in my NCAA Football 14 dynasty. Initially I was going to use 2013 rosters as I has some updated ones and they were the rosters that fit the time frame of the game. However, I decided I had used those before and liked the story lines and players from 2015. So here is a list of teams that I am considering. I want to be a rebuilding team as I plan to play on Heisman and am worried that I may suck after being away from the game for a few years. I also like having to build a program and not start out with a team that should contend for a title. So here are the options:

Kentucky Wildcats
2014 Record:
5-7
2015 record: 5-7
Head Coach: Mark Stoops (entering 3rd season in 2014)

Overview: This was my original pick with the 2013 rosters and its still appealing. Stoops went 2-10 in his first year and improved to 5-7 in year two. He still only went 5-7 again in year three so there isn't a ton of pressure to win 7-8 games wight away. Its also the SEC so there will be good games and big names from the 2015 season to watch. They have a lot of cool uniform options as well. Stoops also comes from his brother Bob's coaching tree so running a hurry-up, spread offense is something that makes sense and that I like to do in NCAA.

Kentucky has also never won a football national title and has always been under the shadow of the basketball program. Can we build that team up into a national power and take some of the spotlight from the basketball team?

Colorado Buffaloes
2014 Record:
2-10
2015: record: 4-9
Head Coach: Mike McIntyre (entering 3rd season)

Overview: I had not considered Colorado initially but they keep popping into my head lately. They don't have a ton of uniform options (which makes things more fun) but they do have a couple alternates so it won't get too stale. They did win a split (with Georgia Tech) national title in 1990 but that's been their only real success. They did go to nine bowl games in the 90's so there was a period of success but they have fallen on hard times since then. They haven't been to a bowl since 2007 and have lost four-of-their-last-five bowls overall. McIntyre is a defensive coach by nature which kind of fits my M.O. Can we return Colorado to the success they saw in the 90's when they were a national power?

Texas Tech Red Raiders
2014 Record:
4-8
2015: record: 7-6
Head Coach: Kliff Kingsbury (entering 3rd season)

Overview: Lots of story lines here. Kingsbury played at Tech so seeing the hometown hero lead the team to contention would be fun. He also came from Texas A&M which I am a fan of (by proxy through the girlfriend lol). They also run the Air Raid that Mike Leach popularized at Tech which would be fun to run and have possibly the best set of uniform options in the game. The Big XII also has some great players like Baker Mayfield and Trevone Boykin. Lastly, they are a Texas team. Nuff said :p

The one drawback is that the Red Raiders went 7-6 in year one. I'm hoping I can get close to that with any of these teams but there is a little more pressure to win early with this team.

North Texas Mean Green
2014 Record:
4-8
2015: record: 1-11
Head Coach: Dan McCarney (entering 5th season)

Overview: Can we save McCarney's job? McCarney started 0-5 in 2015 and was fired. McCarney won nine games and a bowl just two seasons ago. Obviously he doesn't recruit well. Can we reverse that and build North Texas back into the team that won four-straight conference titles in the early-2000's?

The Mean green does only have one helmet and two sets of jerseys and pants. However, they are pretty standard UNT and would give me enough variety to stay interested if we go in that direction.

So there you have it. What story line is most appealing? Which team do you want to see my guide to hopeful contention?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Colorado edges Texas Tech in the combined voting with Twitter. Any of the four teams would have been fun. I'll start working on some of the content this weekend. Here are the final voting results:

Colorado - 6 votes
Texas Tech - 5 votes
Kentucky - 4 votes
North Texas - 3 votes