Out of the Park Baseball 16 (OOTP16)

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I know we have a lot of baseball fans on here. How many of you have player (or tried) OOTP? I know woodsmall12 used to play it quite a bit. BigTexas18 seems to like to stick to MLB The Show. What about the rest of you?

For those that don't know, OOTP is a text based simulation game. You do not play the game like a tradition console game. Instead you are able to be the manager or GM (or both) of a team and the decisions you make are run behind the scenes so to speak.

If you like to manage, you can tell your players to bunt or steal and the game will calculate the odds of success and display the results in a play-by-play text summary in game. For would be GMs, you can make trades with the AI, manage your rosters, draft players, sign free agents, etc all with an AI that is quite a bit beyond what you will find in any sports console game.

My favorite games are historicals. I like to set up an MLB universe in the 80s and relive the game I followed as a kid. You can choose any MLB year from 1871-2015 to start a league and control your team's actions. Its really pretty fun. Who has played or tried it?

If you want to learn more about OOTP 16 you can go to their forum (where you will find me posting often) or look at their feature list. Here are some good reviews of OOTP 16 too if you are interested in trying it out:

Baseball Prospectus
Metacritic
PC Gamer

Nympholepsy42

Contributor
This is one of my favorite games. I'm a die hard baseball guy. Like to do historical season replays. ive done several recreations of baseball history simming seasons from 1871-present day. Fun to see what guys like Sandy Koufax and Roberte Clemente could do in full careers.