Offseason Reminder

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Here is the schedule for the remainder of the off-season as well as some things to keep in mind during the draft and free agency.

Off-Season Schedule

Advanced to Week 1 Free Agency today
Advance to Week 2 Free Agency TUE between 9 am and 1 pm
Advance to Week 3 Free Agency WED between 9 am and 1 pm
Advance to Final Scouting FRI between 9 am and 1 pm
NFL Draft SUN at 8 PM CST

Offseason Free Agency

Everyone is required to have at least 53 players on their roster at all times. It is highly encouraged that you have 60-65 for preseason to avoid injuries and test out new players. Keep in mind that the guys that fill your roster from 53+ are typically around $1M per season so figure that in when calculating cap space and signing free agents. If you do not have enough cap space to fill your roster, you will need to release players (at the league's discretion) to allow you to fill those spots. If anyone's roster becomes too much of an issue that its difficult to resolve, we will simply remove you from the league. Being owners, managing budgets and keeping rosters full as well as having cap space to fill in for injuries is required. Please do not make us remove you for not taking that seriously.

Trades

All trades must be submitted to the trade committee for approval, even pick for pick deals.

The Draft

The draft takes place on the console. You will draft the player in game who is the equivalent to the real life player that you want (see chart on Slack). We will then edit them after the draft to match the real life equivalent of the Madden player you drafted. Players for the 6th and 7th rounds won't be edited unless they have an equivalent so make sure to scout possible 6th-7th rounders.

We will also have a Zoom call during the draft with video and voice for up to all 32 owners if you choose to participate (strongly recommended). The leadership team and trade committee will be available to approve pick for pick trades during this time.

Player Editing

Based on my projections, it should take me about 17 hours to edit the roughly 200 players in our draft. I should be able to do 8.5 hours per day which would likely get us to preseason week one the WED following the draft. Please stay out of franchise mode for those two days that I am editing. I will let everyone know when I am done and you guys can all check your players.

Have fun and good luck!

dspbuckle, Luis3250, BigTexas18, pack1797, Paytonno1son, Tigers20, blahblahyea7, Burns, JerseyBorn, NightHawkTH32, Danperez, woodsmall12, kutsch47, Duv49ers, Shadez, CJTHA1, tehbest13, JohnnyPersia, aarms32, kyswag23, wayers50, CMagoon89, alexthagreat84, Jay2149, Wolfmode88, Ron_Codpiece, Tsmith2211, CMagoon89, LostsniperLV, Ercolenose, firedup24