No Madden Next Year?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
It could happen.

Pastapadre tweeted earlier today that there's a chance EA may not renew the NFL license. If so, there could be no NFL game for 2-3 years. I find it unlikely though that EA wouldn't renew as Madden is highly profitable.

However, the more concerning issue is the video released by ESPN earlier:

EA responded later and said that ESPN didn't upload the video correctly to YouTube and released a new fluff video and hype blog.

The concerning thing is that they did not release a new, "properly uploaded" video to YouTube. They simple tried to sell us on the great close ups and specifically chosen cut ups we've already seen over and over.

I'm sure EA would have us believe that the Monday night game was too close to kickoff or something similar, but we've seen this before from EA. Anyone remember Madden 06? They released a great looking trailer of engineered visuals to hype the game that they never replicated this generation. I'm not suggesting the hype videos and stills aren't from the actual game, but I do think the video ESPN released was closer to where the game is now and they're just in damage control mode.

I'm not sure fans have reason to have a lot of faith in the leadership at EA considering the numerous issues they've had the last several years. Early indications point to next gen not being much different...