No Huddle Offense (Rule Change) XB1

Hofinator10

Starter
Feel free to explain why you feel this way. We've just researched and feel this is the next step in the natural progression of things.

As far as other leagues, no other league does live RedZone channels and live play-by-play broadcasts. :p You don't become the best by following what everyone else does. We are trying to stay ahead of the curve. We also reserve the right to revoke access for people who try to abuse it in some way.

With that being said, the reason that the no huddle was banned initially was because it limited the plays both the offense and defense could call, which is cheesy. There were also exploits where teams could line up WRs at TE and screw up coverages.

I've played over 30 games of Madden 16 and have run and had no huddle run on me numerous times. I do not think these issues still persist. I saw one instance where a WR lined up at TE but it was an isolated instance. We can add to the rules that you have to take a timeout or audible out if you see that happen.

Another reason leagues disallowed it was because it didn't simulate real life. However, the facts show that a large number of teams are running no huddle at least a fair amount of the time these days. Five teams last year ran it at least 45% of the time. Teams like the Patriots, Lions, Steelers, Chargers and Dolphins all ran it about 20% of the time or more. Oakland and Carolina are planning to run it more this season.

As long as it is not exploitive or glitchy, we just cannot see a reason to ban it any longer. Its becoming a much larger part of the NFL and our goal is to "sim"ulate the NFL as closely as possible within the context of a video game. This is a step in that direction. But we can always revisit it in the future if things prove otherwise.

Makes sense.

Knockout511

Starter
Sure and that's realistic. Just pointing out that there's a reason not every team runs it. Stamina is a good deterrent in real life and in madden. Players also get injured more often when they are tired. Your rb won't last long if you keep running from the no huddle and he can't get off the field.
I agree, only way I see this as a problem is if the player who runs the no huddle has a+ back up rbs and wrs from sloppy trades and can just non stop go at it with top tier guys. But from what I seen here in this league that shouldn't happen at all

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
No were pretty strict on trades. We try not to over police and prevent guys from building their team, their way. But we also went let guys get taken advantage of. Balanced playing field for all ;)

bpslm

Contributor
High if it's allowed being a long time Oregon fan. I use the eagle playbook and a ncaa football person

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Again guys, this isn't a declaration thread. We have a playbook and scheme declaration thread for that. This was just to announce the rule change and discuss it ;)

I think this is a great addition. I'll still most likely run low (depending on the team assignment), but it's nice to have an option to run it for a series or two a game. Good way to keep an opponent on edge, and I feel as if it adds immensely to the sim experience, if it's not abused.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
The more I play the more I think it is going to be difficult for guys to run more than 3-4 plays without getting kinda cheesy. So just keep that in mind. Don't be afraid to take a breath every few plays to change formations and make sure you are getting a good variety of plays in. Setting your audibles will be key too :)

Cnote

Starter
I would say I run a med-high no huddle,but I will not run the same play over n over .I switch formations, plays ,motions I Def mix it up....