NBA Mid-Season Tournament

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
News broke yesterday that NBA Commissioner Adam Silver was considering adding a mid-season tournament to the NBA schedule. There weren't any details releases as to how the proposed tournament would be structures. SB Nation speculated that it could possibly be an international tournament or even a regional tournament made up of current NBA stars.

adam silver.png

How would you feel about the NBA breaking up the season with a tournament? Would you prefer an international tourney, kind of like the Olympics or World Championships? Or what about a full 30-team tournament where the top seed in each conference gets a first round bye and every game in single elimination?

In theory it is kind of interesting but it kind of seems like a gimmick at the same time. I do respect Silver for being forward thinking and open to new ideas. I also believe that anything that he does do will be well thought out. Just, at first glance, it seems like something a minor league system or foreign soccer league would do. What do you think?

DarkParadox21

The peoples champ.
I actually used to do this as a kid on the video games cause I wanted to play as all teams. I don't like this idea in real life though, we already have the midseason break being the all-star weekend. Putting this tournament in the middle of the season will just have players playing half the effort and just waste time for the season to progress.

What they should do is use this idea and replace pre-season with it, giving out a pre-season trophy or something.