Madden 25 (PS3) Sim League Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
Do you have saved draft classes for the Drafts? I'm pumped. Finally ready to show Jerry Jones how the Cowboys organization should be run!

Scrambling with the quarterback is only allowed under the following scenarios:
  • The play is a designed rollout
  • The pocket breaks down or the defense gets unexpected pressure
Calling plays and purposely rolling out of the pocket without pressure is not allowed. If you call a pass play, you must make an attempt to actually have the play function as it was designed.

If I'm going to use the Eagles and my favorite player, Mike Vick, I'll ask a few questions about this one now

What if I'm using Vick, I call a pass play, but see an open run lane that's more likely to result in success than the pass, would that be okay to scramble? This goes even if the defense isn't particularly bringing a lot of pressure. Obviously it wouldn't happen excessively, or be used to abuse the rules by calling a pass play knowing I intend to run, but if the game is on the line or it's 3rd down, I'd want to utilize my running QB if I had the chance, even if it wasn't a design QB run. In addition, one of the benefits of having a running QB is the threat that you could run with the ball in addition to pass, so the defense can't drop everyone back in coverage if they don't want the QB taking off for big chunks of yardage.

Also, what about throwing on the run? Some leagues have rules that if you take off out of the pocket you have to commit to the run and can't still throw. Madden has a Mobile QB category and a Throw on the Run stat however, so as long as it's not being used to take advantage of the AI, is it okay to throw if you leave the pocket?

majesty95

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
If I'm going to use the Eagles and my favorite player, Mike Vick, I'll ask a few questions about this one now

What if I'm using Vick, I call a pass play, but see an open run lane that's more likely to result in success than the pass, would that be okay to scramble? This goes even if the defense isn't particularly bringing a lot of pressure. Obviously it wouldn't happen excessively, or be used to abuse the rules by calling a pass play knowing I intend to run, but if the game is on the line or it's 3rd down, I'd want to utilize my running QB if I had the chance, even if it wasn't a design QB run. In addition, one of the benefits of having a running QB is the threat that you could run with the ball in addition to pass, so the defense can't drop everyone back in coverage if they don't want the QB taking off for big chunks of yardage.

Also, what about throwing on the run? Some leagues have rules that if you take off out of the pocket you have to commit to the run and can't still throw. Madden has a Mobile QB category and a Throw on the Run stat however, so as long as it's not being used to take advantage of the AI, is it okay to throw if you leave the pocket?

majesty95

Throwing on the run is fine. What this is designed to eliminate is guys that call 4 verts, clear out the coverage and then run. That's cheese. Vick can scramble if pressured but if he has a pocket, generally he sits and tries to find a receiver. Of course, after several seconds, if nobody is open he may try to run. Guys just shouldn't be calling pass plays with the intent to run.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Why are yall still posting in here? I created the league thread lol. I need feedback (in there) on how to handle transactions (trades vs CPU, free agents, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.