Madden 17 Impressions

Youngfuture

Starter
Definitely loving the gap play and new zone coverages, really feel like you can run some great cover 2 or cover 3 schemes and have an answer to whatever look the offense is running. Ball carrier moves are definitely gonna have a learning curve and your gonna have to be smart when choosing a conservative or aggressive tackle. Gonna get more time in friday and test out the swat button and a couple other things but so far I'm definitely impressed with the improvements made to the game

StormsWarning

Contributor
I love the running and pass mechanics, the line blocks as it should, its not pressure 24/7 but its there and its random, just as it is in the nfl, i think the game is tough, i think its going to take time, gonna need to spend some time to learn game play mechanics, personal from team to team, and that is a lot of work to do, especially when the seasons seems to be amping up to start. I Do see people all over playing the game like it is 16, which can be a good & bad thing. my plan is simple, get in the lab and just practice, learn game by game, i think thats all any of us can really do.

morsdraconis

Contributor
My impressions are only from your streams so far, but from what I've seen, I really like the presentation, the animations, franchise mode actually looks like it's going to hold my interest for a really long time as long as draft classes aren't broken, the ball physics are BEAUTIFUL, the game plays incredibly smooth, the support from EA seems to be on point where they're already fixing a bug pre-launch and they've already updated announcers once as well, I really like how the game plays on All-Pro difficulty, running the ball seems fun and really varied depending on your team - the RB - and your own abilities to read the defense, passing seems to be about the same that I remember but the physics of the ball and the physics of the receivers seems VASTLY improved, overall - I'm SUPER excited to play the game this year and that's incredible because I haven't been excited for a Madden game in ages.

Reddrum26

Prospect
Don't like the kicking game..can only imagine how bad it gets with lag..I'm missing them against the cpu. With every new game it take a little while to adjust. Right now having trouble juking and spinning

wayers50

Contributor
Have any of you played the CPU on All-Madden? What did you think?

I have. Played about 4 games so far. The older madden on all madden I would get destroyed by the run game, on this one I can actually stop the run a lot better. I feel like there is better balance and more realistic game play on all madden on 17 then in previous years.

kutsch47

Contributor
Couple things I've had difficult with:
1. Kicking- I'm sure everyone has had some growing pains with this. But I've noticed a few times I'd be just off on the accuracy (just outside the window by a hair), and then another white line would pop up on the meter almost showing as if I were way off and the ensuing kick/punt is awful. Not sure if I'm reading it wrong or if there's a technical issue.
2. Blocking punts/kicks- In the tutorial, I was having a lot of success jumping the snaps and getting close to blocking kicks. However, during actual gameplay, I haven't even gotten close. My player always gets blocked immediately. Anyone else experiencing difficulty even getting close to blocking kicks during actual gameplay? It's as if in the tutorial the window for getting a jump is larger.