Let's Eat!

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I've been throwing down on some new recipes lately, especially on the grill. What are some of your favorite things to cook? So you have a favorite thing to make on game day? What about sweets? Any bakers out there?

I'll start with this one. I haven't actually made it yet, however they look amazing. I'm thinking about adding some bacon bits and jalapenos.

picPzeTNx.jpg

Fried Mac and Cheese Balls
by Lainey6605 on food.com

INGREDIENTS

DIRECTIONS

1. Lightly grease a 13x9-inch baking dish. In large saucepan, bring water and 1/2 t salt to a boil over high heat. Add pasta, and cook 6-8 minutes, or until tender; drain well.
  2. In a large bowl, combine hot cooked pasta, 1/2 cup milk, cheese spread, mozzarella cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper; stir until cheeses are melted. Spoon into prepared baking dish; cover, and refrigerate 8 hours.
  3. Roll macaroni and cheese into 1-inch balls; place on a baking sheet, and freeze 2 hours.In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and remaining milk.
  4. In a separate small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and cornmeal.Dip balls into egg mixture, then dredge in breadcrumb mixture.In a large Dutch oven, pour oil to a depth of 2 inches; heat to 350 degrees over medium heat.
  5. Fry macaroni and cheese balls in batches, 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.

Last edited:

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
This stuff is also awesome! You can get it at H-E-B (probably Central Market too). I used it to marinate to New York strips for 45m,ins to an hour before grilling. Maybe the best steak I've ever had!

Cracked Pepper.png

Directions

Place steaks and Cracked Pepper Vinagrette in a gallon Ziploc bag and refrigerate for 45 minutes to an hour.
Take steaks out of refrigerator 15-20 minutes before cooking and allow them to get to room temperature.

In a charcoal grill, shape briquettes into a pyramid, 5 wide, 5 deep. Light and wait for them to turn grey.
Place steaks on grill in the center directly over the heat.
Cook for 6 mins per side for perfect medium.

Remove steaks from heat and let rest for five minutes.

Steak.png

Serve and enjoy!
Suggested sides: baked potato and corn on the cob.