Financials
Salary Cap: $156.50M
Salary Free: $15.40M
Salary Spent: $141.12M

RE Leonard WIlliams 85 ovr - Age 24
$8million / 4 years
Cap Penalty - $2million

Raiders Reason behind trade
The current and 4 time champion Raiders formally of Oakland, are looking for more depth behind the amazing, but aging Khalil Mack. They drafted RE McCown (age 21) this year but is nowhere near ready to be a starter. Leonard Williams will provide a nice 3 year buffer between Mack & McCown and provide great depth at the position. He is currently not starting for the Jets.

Jets reason behind trade
The Jets are in need of assistance on their defensive line. Between the pre-season and week 1 the jets give up roughly 4 years to opposing running backs before the line backers clean up the rush. Adding Justin Ellis will provide depth at DT. His age and rating aren't the best, but should provide a band aid for now.

The jets will acquire Mario Edwards to replace Leonard Williams as the #2 RE behind the all pro Sheldon Richardson. At his young age (24) he will be able to develop into a starter by the time Sheldon Richardson retires.

The #4 pick will allow the Jets to pick up further players to fill in gaps and fill the void of the #2 pick which was traded away earlier this season.

Capture3_zpsfbghcrws.png

=====
Capture01_zpsephjmw4c.png

Capture2_zpsuviampx6.png

Jukemwr21 Jbek NightHawkTH32 Tigers20 Spayer419 georgiafan dspbuckle

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I vote no and its not close to me

- the 4th round pick coming from the raiders we will will be a late 4th making it pretty much a 5th round pick so its doubtful a starter can be had with that pick

- Justin Ellis has no value to me since he isn't starting material

- The jets trade logic makes no sense as Sheldon Richardson is 27 and will not retire before madden 17 comes out or even decline.

- Mario Edwards (edit) is a solid player but he has been on the trade block for years now. Leonard is clearly the best player in this trade and was the #6 overall draft pick with fast development and only 24 years old. It has to be more then 1 average player and a 5th round talent to get him.

I know we are one vote away from getting 3 but I would like the chris and glen to give there thoughts because its a clear one side trade to me. Also the people on the trade committee need to say why they think the trade is fair not just one word

BigTexas18 Glen Cieske

Last edited:

Jukemwr21

All-Star
First off its not Mario Williams it's Mario Edward's. 2nd both these players are young too and in there mid to high 70's. The 4th is a 4th bc that's now this year's draft. An 86 for a 78 and a 74 with a pick when the team is obviously rebuilding and needs depth is important to consider as well.

Glen Cieske

All-Star
I agree with georgiafan

What I'm not getting is why Leonard Williams is a back up? Also why Sheldon Richardson and Muhammad Wilkerson are playing DE in a 4-3? dspbuckle

Richardson and Wilkerson should both be playing DT and Williams playing DE because he would actually a decent Run Stopping 4-3 DE. Then you would just need a speed rusher for the opposite DE.

If Williams would have been properly progressed in the last 3 years he would have easily been an overall 90+ by now. He could easily reach that by the end of this year. So to only give up 2 players that would take all of his game prep just to reach 80 by the end of the year and a late 4th round pick isn't enough to me.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Team's don't rebuild by trading a 24 year old DE/DT that's a 85 overall with fast development for 3 at best average players.

I would also be curious to see what Leonard Williams rating is at DT in a 4-3. I think that's what the raiders still run and I assume that's where he would play since he played that position it college. His rating could even go up since he is over 300 pounds and 90 block shedding.

No offense but I see this is a smart owner accidently (I hope) taking advantage of a owner that isn't as smart as he is. Yea if Williams hasn't been starting for 3 years that's crazy but its possible since the Jets DL was stacked when default rosters came out.

Jukemwr21

All-Star
So let me get this straight? We don't have enough faith in NightHawkTH32 and Jbek to do this ourselves so now we have to bring in people outside the trade committee to get a trade thrown out?! Why don't you guys just do it yourself. Furthermore what an owner does with his own team is his choice so what any of us say is irellevant

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
When I made this tread I said if there was a controversy or if it was split then I would call in glen or chris and I felt like this was one of those times.

http://px1sports.com/threads/current-trade-committee-members-season-4.2808/

When you are trading a player like Leonard Williams unless I missed it you have to let the league know he on the trade block to get full value for him. Because there is no way someone doesn't offer more then is if they know he is for trade.

Maybe I said it wrong. but my point was the raiders clearly take his team more serious then the Jets do.

Jukemwr21

All-Star
Fair enough. I don't necessarily disagree with your opinion I just think it's closer to me personally if you break it down as it is. 85=74,78 and a 4th which could be a 65-71 ovr.

Last edited:

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I basically traded a 22 year old LT that was taken with the 2nd pick in the 3rd who at the time was a 76 overall. Since that trade the LT is already up to a 77 overall on daddy league and currently has 1,096 xp yet to be spent.

That trade made the Jets a better team as it gave them a LT that could start till madden 17 comes out. Because he should be a up to a 80 on DL by the end of the year and prob even more then that when you factor in confidence and scheme.

The biggest difference in the trades is because I gave up something valuable to get the early 2nd round pick in a OT that was young and could start. Williams was the 6th overall draft pick when Madden came out. The raiders aren't giving up anything of value in this trade and getting a quality starter. The gap between Edwards and Williams when you factor in the 7 point overall difference and fast development is more then Justin Ellis and a late 4th round pick

If you want to make a it 2nd instead of a 4th then that changes things.

dspbuckle

All-Star
Lol at the Mario Williams goof. It happened a lot during our messaging prior to posting.

No offense taken on the owner comment. I don't completely know what I'm doing so moving players around as suggested isn't a skill I currently have.

Good dialogue guys.

dspbuckle

All-Star
Interesting suggestion. I resently learned (like 3 days ago) how to work the depth chart with all the preseason injury talk and how to make people start in other places was an option. I figured they had to stay within their labeled spots. Then again, if JJ Watt can play TE, why not?

I think the moving of these guys allows me to start them all and beef up that line so I think I'm going to pull out of the trade now lol.

I'm a bit late for work but I had to see it and now I have a line of 87,97,99,73. I can live with that lol.

My apologies for wasting folks time. Now maybe we can look at a Revis trade haha

Last edited: