Jared Allen on trade block

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
They talked about this some during the game last night. Supposedly Zigy Wilf said its "baloney" but I think the Vikings would be smart to explore this.

image.jpg

Even if you can only get a 3rd round pick, are you going to get anything if he doesn't re-sign? And do you want him to?

He was seen saying (via lip reading) that "this is the worst defense I've seen" on the sideline during the 4th quarter. While that's likely true, is that what you want to see from your superstars?

Allen has also been inconsistent. While he can make magical sacks like the one last week against Eli Manning, he can also disappear for games. I think it was Favre's 2nd year, not sure, but I remember Allen being invisible in most of those games. To his credit, he has been much better the lady couple of years. But when was the last time we saw him make a game altering sack? It seems like they come in garbage time or early in the game. I can't remember a time when he got a late sack to swing the game in the Vikings favor.

There are a lot of holes on this team. Getting a draft pick to help fill one that will likely be added to that growing list seems much more appealing than watching him walk away in the offseason with nothing to show for it.