Hate Week: Revisited

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
HATE WEEK IS UPON US

browns-vs-ravens.jpg

Hate week is here and you know what that means! It's the first of the two (sometimes 3) Browns Ravens game! There is no love between these two. Owner Chris Bigtex and Neal Konvict have been bitter rivals since day one. In the Necessary Roughness league, the Browns had the upper hand overall winning 75% of the games, but that doesn't mean the Ravens are going to come hard this year! The Browns owner is not going to take anything for granted, he had this to say at the press conference:

We are focusing squarely on purple this week. Nothing else matters. The past doesn't matter, what matters is THIS WEEK. The Ravens are going to come out and play me tough, I know they are. I don't like him, and he doesn't like me, and it will always be that way.
The Browns have released two short videos of their practices this week to the Ravens. It's a bold and cocky move, but it's almost as saying here we are, try to stop us. Here are the two videos released this week:

FIRE MEETS FIRE

COME AND GET IT
The Browns do look might impressive in these videos! Time will only tell if they can carry the momentum from their practices to the game. When asked about the videos, Bigtex replied with:

Don't blow this out of proportion. Neal and I have played each other many times, we know each others game style. This is nothing he doesn't already know. I just want to get the word out that we are not letting up, and are going to play harder than we have all year.

When we went into practice this week, I told Dansby and Mingo to picture Manziel as Flacco, and the rest was history, I mean you saw from the videos what those monsters are capable of. This is good for Manziel also. We went full contact so he remembers the physicality of the Ravens defense and is ready for game day.
The Browns are pumped up, as they kick off Thursday September 24, 2015 at 9pm CST, as the first game in the Red Zone Broadcast on PX1Sports, should be a doozy! I know Bigtex said the past doesn't matter, but let's just take a look back at games past to relive the Browns glory!

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Should be a awesome game love the build up seems like Ravens has been kinda quIte. Do u think he is scared of Johnny football ?

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
It looks as if they were staying out of the hype of the media this week, and it seemed to work for them!

Recap will be coming soon

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
Hello Browns Nation, we are here to recap your Hate Week, and see where we go from here. The Browns came in as huge underdogs and unfortunately, the Browns did come up short against the Ravens. Our team played very well in this week, but it ended on an overthrown drag route to Hawkins into the waiting arms of Kendrick Lewis.

Ravens received the ball first, and would go down the field, only to kick a field goal. The actual first quarter would end up 3-0, which nobody expected. Going into the second quarter, Manziel finds his most reliable target in Josh Gordon on a slant route to score and go up 7-3. It wouldn't take long for the Ravens to bounce back however as Flacco finds Perriman on the first play the next drive with a playaction streak over Tramon Williams that goes 80 yards. 10-7. After a stalled drive by the Browns, the Ravens would drive once again and kick a field goal again to go into the half 13-7.

Taking the opening drive in the 2nd half, Johnny would lead a drive down the field, and Isaiah Crowell ended the drive with a 1 yard TD run. The rest of the third quarter would be a struggle and it would end with the score 14-13 BROWNS AHEAD! Your Browns get the ball again mid 4th quarter and take a drive again down the field. It would stall and Coons would kick a field goal to go up 17-13 with just 2 minutes left. On the first play of the ensuing drive, Flacco fins Marlon Bird on a blown curl route that goes for 80 yards. On Tramon Williams again. 20-17. In the Browns final attempt, they fall short as they cross enemy lines, when Manziel overthrows the Hawkins drag route, and Lewis intercepts the pass to end the game. It was a tough fought game and you can catch ALL the action here:

Press Conference Quotes
They came out on top. Nothing much more to say. We'll review the game film, and get it right and win when they come into town in week 12.

Lucky? That's not for me to determine. You can slice it any way you want. They're only two touchdowns were both 80 yard touchdowns on the same cornerback, which is a problem we will address in the upcoming days heading into the Denver game.

Our defense played well enough to win this game. Our offense wasn't bad, we just weren't scoring enough points. If we didn't get sacked on that third down in the fourth quarter, and score the touchdown instead of the field goal score is 21-20.

Browns Wins
  • Out performed in total yards 379-323
  • 18 offensive first downs to Ravens 7
  • 6 third down conversions
  • Won the TOP 17:41-10:19
  • Held the Ravens to 0 third down conversions
  • No Red Zone Touchdowns
Areas For Improvement
  • The play of Tramon Williams
  • Lost the turnover battle 2-0
  • Didn't finish drives
  • Need to protect Johnny in crucial downs. No sacks