#GalloTime

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
joey-gallo-getty.jpg

If you don't know who this is yet, you must not pay much attention to baseball. This is Rangers prospect Joey Gallo. He is the Rangers #1 prospect, MLB's #9 overall prospect, and MLB's #1 Third Base prospect. In 2013 and 2014 in the minors he hit for .261 average, 82 homeruns, 194 RBI's 137 BB, 183 Runs, and collected 222 hits. Along with that he had an impressive .366 OBP, and a .630 slugging percentage! It was only a matter of time before he got his chance. I went to see him in AA on 5/30/15 and he hit a 3 run shot that fell 5 feet short of leaving the entire ballpark. The reason he hadn't been called up sooner, was because of the Rangers elite 3B Adrian Beltre. Gallo got his chance on June 2, 2015. Beltre sustained an injury to his thumb, and Gallo was called up. Gallo ended up giving us one of the best debut's ever in baseball. He went 3/4, hitting .750, 1 homerun, 4 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K, and .800 OBP. His third hit of the night ended up being just a double, but the ball came about a foot from his second homerun of the game. He fell a triple short of the cycle. The homerun he hit was an estimated 430 feet. WOW! That is POWER!!

News also broke that Joey Gallo, Bryce Harper, and Kris Bryant were all on the same little league team when they were younger. How terrifying must have they been when they were younger?! Harper hit third, and Gallo actually hit 4th. If the skill of Harper and Bryant are showcasing what to expect in Gallo, then #RangerNation has good things to look forward to!

While last night was fun, Gallo has a true test tonight. He has shown some signs of struggling against lefties in the minor leagues, and tonight he faces all star lefty, Chris Sale. This is a true test tonight for the 21 year old. If he has another game like he did last night, then this could be a true testament of what Gallo is really going to be! I'm excited. I'm pumped up. I'm ready to see more JOEY GALLO. His addition to the already hot, streaking, Rangers is only going to more improve the team!

So, now, baseball fans. I have a topic of discussion. Gallo absolutely met his expectations in his debut. If Gallo continues to perform, and say hits 25-30 homeruns. Does this make Beltre expendable? Do the Rangers try to make a move to free up the 3B spot for Gallo full time? Gallo has played some LF in the minors this year, and talk has also been about 1B, due to him being 6'5. The initial plan for Gallo was for him to be up here for 2 weeks to get his feet wet and go back down when Beltre comes back. But oh, wait, this kid is really good. Things can change. Do things change? Can this 21 year old really make that much of an impact over a veteran all star 3B? Is Beltre just so much more to the Rangers clubhouse that there's no way he can be dealed? I want to hear from you!!!

Here is Gallo's debut game film in case you missed the excitement!

(Oh, and by the way, the Rangers are now 27-25, and have won 4 in a row, including a sweep of the Red Sox. Watch out!)

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Well, it was short lived as he got sent to the minors to make room for the return of Hambone.