Fake Rookies

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
I was searching FA for a FS, and i saw this rookie named Chris Sentef, 73 OVR. Now i had never heard of Chris Sentef, and he is a pretty good rookie so something didnt make sense, that made me curious and wanting to do some research. Apparently EA has made some fake rookies in Madden 25. They held some kind of contest, and the 4 winners were awarded a rookie player in Madden 25. They are pretty extraordinary rookies, and are probably set to reach the high 90 status. Now, we can't stop the CPU from signing these guys, but i don't think any users should be able to sign them. I can't make that call its ultimately up to majesty95 but that's just my two cents. These fake rookies so far that i know of are:

1. QB Jack Klein
  2. WR J.T. Conheeney
  3. FS Chris Sentef
  4. HB David Blumberg (Apparently. I can't find him in FA, or on any rosters.)

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I hate that they did that. It's so gay. At least remove them from online CFM. Ya, I doth think anyone should be signing these guys.

I will say, there's no guarantee these guys will be good. There's a built in development trait and that could be low so they may not develop. Still, I think it's "unsim" and we should stay away from them, at least this year.

I don't get you guys rationale at all. Unless their attributes are already stacked, what's the difference between them and any other Madden generated rookie? You still have to take them through practice and games to get their XP up like any other player. Unless they're all set to superstar development or something, I don't see the problem. I don't claim to know even a tenth of the total players in the NFL, so I don't have a problem with them simply because they're not 'real' rookies if that's you guys main beef.

You said he was 73 ovr, which is decent for a rookie, but doesn't seem extraordinary

Not that I plan to go out and pick them up just because, but I see no reason to ban signing them or have any problem with EA for doing it

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Well, I've done NCAA rosters for a number of years and follow college football pretty closely. I think forcing these fake guys on us in the default rosters is dumb. If they want to add them to a draft class, ok, maybe.

I doth have a problem signing them next year when we have fake players from the draft but this year, without knowing their development, I think we shouldn't. One guy could sign them all and maybe they all become studs. Is that fair? At least the unsigned real life rookies we know will probably never develop bc they aren't on teams. With these guys there is too much unknown.

I don't see it as forcing fake guys on us. After all, EA makes the games, it's only 4 players, and in the grand scheme of things, I doubt they'd make custom players that in any way could overtake real madden super stars unless a gamer knew about them and went out of their way to develop them - which I'd take as someone goign out of their way to develop any other undrafted rookie FA that I might not have heard about.

So I don't disagree with any decision not to sign them, I just don't agree that there's a problem with what EA did. If anything, as a fan I think it's pretty cool

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
We'll agree to disagree ;) I bough Madden NFL, not Madden NFL + some fake guys that who knows how they could turn out in my dynasty. Lol And if we used real draft classes it would be even more ridiculous. I'm for realism. I don't want some avatar of a pimply faced 16 year old kid forced on my dynasty :p