EA SPORTS UFC Tournaments

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
We needed more quality guys iTvizzyy :p And a little better game. Most of the quality guys got bored and/or frustrated with the game mechanics quickly. I love what we started with it but they have to help us out and create a game people want to play for more than a month or two. Especially with a 1.5-2 year dev cycle.

iTvizzyy

Starter
We needed more quality guys iTvizzyy :p And a little better game. Most of the quality guys got bored and/or frustrated with the game mechanics quickly. I love what we started with it but they have to help us out and create a game people want to play for more than a month or two. Especially with a 1.5-2 year dev cycle.
maybe im just biased cus im a hardcore UFC fan but I loved that game.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
maybe im just biased cus im a hardcore UFC fan but I loved that game.

Yes, you're biased lol. It was decent in the end but they nuked the ground game for the most part. They just went too far in either direction with fixes. Never found a sweet spot. But the terrible spam and inability to get off the ground turned guys away fast in the beginning

iTvizzyy

Starter
Yes, you're biased lol. It was decent in the end but they nuked the ground game for the most part. They just went too far in either direction with fixes. Never found a sweet spot. But the terrible spam and inability to get off the ground turned guys away fast in the beginning
that was more due to lack of skill, i couldve gotten off the ground eventually vs anyone but gil. Gil was the only person who played the game enough to be that good to the point that no one could even move on the ground.

mycaddy

Starter
I have never played versus a user and only have UFC because of EA access... But I have gotten up from the CPU but of course the dynamic may be totally different versus a human

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I have never played versus a user and only have UFC because of EA access... But I have gotten up from the CPU but of course the dynamic may be totally different versus a human

Well, they patched it three times. The first two guys who played a lot could screw guys to the ground and you couldn't get up. Now its way too easy to get up.

UFC has to be like Madden. You can have the realism, but you can't make it so complex that the guys who only plays a few hours a week has no shot at winning. Especially in a fight. Matt Serra caught GSP. Gonzaga caught Cro Cop. There was just very little chance of beating a guy like Gil who would just staple you to the cage or the ground. Nobody is that dominant in real life. They just went too far in the opposite direction with the last patch. But it was good enough. Just most people lost interest by that point.

mycaddy

Starter
Well, they patched it three times. The first two guys who played a lot could screw guys to the ground and you couldn't get up. Now its way too easy to get up.

UFC has to be like Madden. You can have the realism, but you can't make it so complex that the guys who only plays a few hours a week has no shot at winning. Especially in a fight. Matt Serra caught GSP. Gonzaga caught Cro Cop. There was just very little chance of beating a guy like Gil who would just staple you to the cage or the ground. Nobody is that dominant in real life. They just went too far in the opposite direction with the last patch. But it was good enough. Just most people lost interest by that point.

I never knew that... I downloaded it well after release... I think I downloaded like April or somewhere around there... Online community was dead by then

iTvizzyy

Starter
gil was just a guy who didnt want anyone to have fun he wanted to win at all costs lol. he just wasnt the type of guy we needed here. i couldve had a blast fighting anyone else. me you and dark always had a lot of fun no matter what.