Concussions Suck

Luis3250

All-Star
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Just got back from the ER and I got a concussion playing soccer on Sunday. The headaches were horrible, so I finally went to the ER. Didn't start getting symptoms until Tuesday, and I thought I could tough it out. Got a CT scan, and luckily no fracture to the eye, and no bleeding in the brain. I got some pain killers and have to rest for the rest of the week. Sucks, but free vacation from work. Lol

Luis3250

All-Star
The headaches and nausea is what kills me. But I got prescriptions for both. They gave me a pain shot at the ER, that shot was amazing! It's starting to ware out so time to pop my pills. Lol

Concussions are nothing to be taken lightly. Once a person gets one they can get another one easier and the more damage will be done with each subsequent concussion. I had a few as a teenager and today do suffer the effects of those earlier in life episodes. I do sometimes struggle with issues related to concussions and they do make a impact on your life later on. Even if it looks silly to others always take precautions to avoid these even if it means wearing a head protection device if its hot as hell or no one else is . It just may save your life or make your life later on much more enjoyable by taking the steps to protect your brain.