College Football Top 25 Rankings - Week 2

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I've always thought that football rankings should be ordered based on who was the best team, next best team and so on. I find it crazy that when a highly ranked team loses to another highly ranked team, the losing team drops several spots. If they were able to beat all of the teams ranked behind them the week before, shouldn't they still be able to beat them even though they lost a close game to an equally tough opponent? I think so. So with that, I bring you the first ever PX1Sports College Football Rankings.

CFB Rankings (Week 2)

1. Alabama (1-0)
2. Oregon (1-0)
3. Clemson (1-0)
4. Florida State (1-0)
5. Georgia (0-1)
6. LSU (1-0)
7. Ohio State (1-0)
8. Stanford (0-0)
9. Texas A&M (1-0)
10. South Carolina (1-0)
11. Louisville (1-0)
12. Oklahoma State (1-0)
13. Florida (1-0)
14. UCLA (1-0)
15. Washington (1-0)
16. Michigan (1-0)
17. Notre Dame (1-0)
18. Baylor (1-0)
19. Texas (1-0)
20. Oklahoma (1-0)
21. Wisconsin (1-0)
22. Miami (1-0)
23. Ole Miss (1-0)
24. Northwestern (1-0)
25. USC (1-0)

ANALYSIS: Georgia is still one of the best teams in the country and the second best team in the SEC until proven otherwise. LSU had a good showing against TCU, but can they beat what looks to be a very impressive Georgia team?

Clemson looked fantastic against the SEC runner-up from a year ago as did Florida State, albeit against a far less skilled opponent. After the first week of the season, Alabama, Oregon, Clemson, Florida State and Georgia stand alone as legitimate national title contenders.

6-11 is the next level in the college football hierarchy. Each of these teams did enough to demonstrate that they belong among the elite football programs, but no enough to believe that they have what it takes to win a national title.

The rest of the Top 25 is a eclectic group without a surefire leader. Outside of Ole Miss, Northwestern and USC, each of the remaining teams have a legitimate shot at the 12th spot in the rankings. This group will likely see a lot of volatility from week-to-week but is an interesting group to keep an eye on as the season unfolds.

Last edited: