Coaches Corner Press Conference - lions / mycaddy

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Before we get started this a feature that I had planned on doing for VIP and went ahead did one with mycaddy. Its pretty easy to pull off just have someone send questions via pm. Then you answer them in good detail the way the coach would in real life. It does a few things it holds the coach responsible for what they do and builds up coming games. You don't need majesty or pack involved to post it. On the VIP side I plan on doing about 1 per madden week.

Your currently 8-3 with a 2 game lead for the division and a chance to all but clinch it this week with a win vs the packers. What needs to be done to get the important win vs your rivial packers? Do you plan on doing things differently vs the 5th ranked scoring defense of the packers?

Being a division game makes it more tough. You opponent knows you. The 1st game versus the Packers was tough and I expect another tough frankly I felt we got lucky on a huge play before the end of the half last game and had we not gotten that play the game couldve turned out differently. So this game we need to make more plays. offensively. As for doing things differently on the 5th ranked offense. Last game we gave up - points so hopefully doing the same thing will be ok

Joique Bell has over 200 carries for the year and the backup only has 9. Will Riddick get more carries down the stretch to give Bell a breather and earn some playing time incase he is needed if something ever happens to Bell?

Before the last game we made changes in our rotation to get Riddick more carries. and also work Abdullah into the run game. The way the last game ended up we did not run much at all to show that but the rest of the season Bell touches will decrease per game...

Matthew Stafford is having another good season, but is this finally the year and the game he puts the packers away and wins the division?

Well of course the plan is always to win. and winning the division would be huge because means a playoff berth but we have bigger plans but today our goal is to beat the Packers...

What one player that nobody is talking about is a key reason for your success?

I will say 2 Saalim Hakim and Haloti Ngata...

Ngata has made key plays in very tough games. whether it was a key sack to seal a game when the other team needed a big pass play or if they were trying to kill the clock with the run and he bust through the line to make a tackle for a loss. Last game he had 2 tackles for loss on FB dives... I mean those types of plays are huge not to mention there have been times I called a play where I should have gotten burned and he somehow makes a huge play

and Hakim has a kickoff return for TD and gets us great field position with special team play consistently and since putting him in as the #3 wr a few game ago he has made plays with the offense as well

If you clinch early will you rest players or play your starters?

Definitely not we have a chance to get the #1 seed and homefield throughout the playoffs... If we beat the packers we clinch the division and it is nice to know we are in the playoffs but being only 1 game behind the Seahwaks for the #1 seed we see as an oppurtunity If for some reason we end up cliching the #1 seed by week 17 it is possible to rest some players to ensure everyone is healthy for the playoffs

I have a tagged some of the xbox guys but I am sure I missed some .So if did just tag them or let me know and i'll edit the post.
mycaddy majesty95 pack1797 moniqx4 Lyric4christ Hofinator10 DazWatSheSaid 5StarTA kha0tikdreamz bpslm SnapDan

mycaddy

Starter
Nice! Trade me abdullah in the offseason :)

That can happen I like him in real life (wish Lions used him better) but his stats in Madden are dreadful and getting him xp to make him usable is a waste... because it would take way to long But you can have Bell if you want he is better and I was thinking of starting Riddick next season if not this season anyway

mycaddy

Starter
Don't give bpslm any more weapons he has too many already. Now I could use Megatron big time.

He has Beastmode (which because of you this week he is being called leastmode) but his wrs are mediocre at best imo but yea you could use him more... But he has more to trade with... I need help on defense and he has top defensive players at multiple positions

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Looks like this is getting a lot of good reviews so if yall want to give me say one user vs user game per madden week. Then I can try and watch it live and post some questions to both owners. It would be better if that game was played at night when im not at work.

But if I am asking questions off what happened in game then you will be getting more hard questions like "what was you thinking with that play call on 3rd and short" ?

bpslm

Contributor
He has Beastmode (which because of you this week he is being called leastmode) but his wrs are mediocre at best imo but yea you could use him more... But he has more to trade with... I need help on defense and he has top defensive players at multiple positions
We can talk. I definitely have players to spare on D

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I will be counting on you guys to tell me who to interview next because if I don't hear anything then I won't do it.

mycaddy

Starter
Looks like this is getting a lot of good reviews so if yall want to give me say one user vs user game per madden week. Then I can try and watch it live and post some questions to both owners. It would be better if that game was played at night when im not at work.

But if I am asking questions off what happened in game then you will be getting more hard questions like "what was you thinking with that play call on 3rd and short" ?

That is great. Post game interview

Georgia I've been waiting for this I'm ready for my prime time interview

Walrussmuglr

Starter
*thumbs up*

This should be a segment we do every week or so, interview a different owner every week or so. could be fun