Cleveland Browns Season 2 Week 2 Recap

5StarTA

Starter
Ladies and Gents we are back for some more Browns football. Coming off the heels of a heart breaking defeat to division foe the Cincinnati Bengals last week the Browns were back in action this week as the Philadelphia Eagles were in town.

A game that showed neither offense was prepared or wanted this win. This quickly turned into who could turn the ball over the most.

7 combined turnovers between the two teams. Despite have more turnovers than the Eagles the Browns turned their takeaways into points. Though it was very ugly on paper at the end of the day the W is the most important.

131.png

"It was very ugly. I was very ugly. I have to get better if we want to keep the wins coming." Quarterback Zach Mettenberger on the win.

132.png

*Philadelphia Eagles @ Cleveland Browns Week 2 Box Score*

127.png

Zach Mettenberger won the starting job last season and never looked back. Leading the Browns to 10 wins and their first playoff berth since 2002 has since struggled this season. Through two games he has 1 TD with 5 INT. A Td-Int ratio that gives the fans nightmares of Cleveland's past. "I'm not going to stand in front of you and make excuses. Every interception is on me. I have to play better.. i have too."

129.png

Rookie sensation Reggie Jackson snags the catch here. He showed flashes of greatness in this game. The Browns are very excited to have this mismatch nightmare. He's a stud and will be a star for years to come.

130.png

Donte Whitner on the first play of the game jumped the route and snagged and interception. The Browns would then turn it into points that they absolutely needed. Donte looking meaner and leaner than ever looks to have another breakout year.

128.png

Joe's 9th inteception in the last two years. Of those 9 this was his 4th in the redzone. Why do teams think they're going to get past Joe in the redzone? "That's crunch time. They can get whatever they want on their side of the field. The second we cross to our side it's game over. I'm gonna bust you straight up."

133.png

K'waun Williams comes down with the interception. On the last year of his deal. He needs to breakout this year if he wants paid.

THIS WEEKS GAME BALL GOES TO RANDY STARKS. 3 TACKLES AND 2 HUGE SACKS! Best game in Brown and Orange yet! Keep it up Randy.

134.jpg

The Browns will play host to the Buffalo Bills in week 3. This will mark the 4th time in 5 years these two teams have played. Buffalo is 2-1 the last few seasons against the Browns. These games are always memorable. Who could ever forget the the Browns 8-0 victory in the Blizzard on the Lake? We are sure this game will bring you just as many memories. Join us next week as we have the recap for you!

#GoBrowns #TheLand #BeatBuffalo #WeBarkTogether