48.1M Cap 470K Penalty
trade ROLB Shane Ray 78 overall
image_zps9glbmioq.jpg

image_zpsacp942bk.jpg

georgiafan Jbek NightHawkTH32 Tigers20 Jukemwr21

Last edited:

Imperfect611

Starter
Btw Ray is a RE usually and a 91 OVR as a 4-3 DE. I had him at OLB just trying to see how he would perform as a OLB. Trade looks ridiculous without context.

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
I had deleted it, but I sent that picture in a conversation yesterday so I was able to go back and save it again

Jbek

Contributor
Approved.

Ray is a guy you want on the edge in passing situations .

In running situations? Not so much.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Just to confirm this is the 26th pick in the 2nd round correct ?

To me this is similar to the trade Browns/Chargers trade earlier in the week. Ray like Shelton might have more value on paper but with a scheme change for Denver he doesn't have a spot in a 34 as he can't play DE (not heavy enough) and doesn't have coverage skills to play LB. So as a new owner he is getting a pick that will be a starter for someone that isn't

The browns we all know have lots of draft picks and a major need at DE. So he is filling that need at a position that's thin in the draft.

I don't think Ray is worth a first or early 2nd round draft pick due to 43 DE's in madden be much easier to find then in real life. But still his overall and age at DE coupled with the block shedding that can easily be improved to 75-79 range this year make him worth a 2nd rounder. So I approve the trade.