Browns and Dolphins

Mark

Starter
So the 81 and 80 players are a wash, and you are getting a 64 and 2nd round pick for a 97 ovr player?

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
Yes, that is the deal. He needs C help, and I need to get rid of some salary. I lose a huge gap on my line, but i'll have to build that back up. I'm -9M dollars in funds.

Mark

Starter
Yes, that is the deal. He needs C help, and I need to get rid of some salary. I lose a huge gap on my line, but i'll have to build that back up. I'm -9M dollars in funds.
Sweet, do you have any other 90+ players I could trade for a 2nd rounder and 64 ovr player?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Still deciding, I think it needs to be a #1 round pick for a 97 ovr.

The purpose of the trade committee is not to decide whether a team got equal value in a trade. Its purpose is to determine if a team is either colluding to benefit one team or to prevent a grossly negligent trade that would severely hamper a team should it become available. If you feel either of those condition apply, vote no. If not, vote yes. Each owner is free to build their team how they see fit as long as they are not cheating or being completely naive.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Also, all committee members should keep in mind that OVR is not the only standard by which trades should be judged. A 90 OVR player who is 36 years old and has an $8.5M contract isn't equal to a 90 OVR player who is 25 with a $2.5M contract. Conversely, a 70 OVR player who is 22 with superstar development and on a 3-year deal worth $1M per year shouldn't be valued the same as a 70 OVR player who is 32 and in the second year of a 5-year deal paying $3.5M per season. Again, the committee isn't looking to see if the trade is "equal" per se or even if we would do it our selves. The committee's responsibility is solely to make sure that rules are being followed and that nobody is cheating or being naive.