Broncos-Texans Trade

Ol'ColdToes

Starter
Texans – Austin88 ($22.2M cap space, $290k cap penalty)

Brandon Brooks
Right Guard
Age –26
87 OVR
1 years left on contract
Salary $850k
$150k penalty

2016 3th round draft pick

Broncos - Ol'ColdToes ($20.7M cap space, $900k cap penalty)

Peyton Manning
Quarterback
Age - 39
90 OVR
2 years left on contract
Salary $17M, $17M
$0 penalty

Rationale:

During the offseason a rumor leaked that the Broncos explored trading Manning to the Texans. Austin88 and OlColdToes have agreed on terms to make that blockbuster deal happen.

Denver gets a big mauler on the offensive line and a draft pick that should compensate for the picks lost in the trade up for Shane Ray. While losing Manning will hurt, Denver feels that Brock Osweiller has developed well during the last few months and can lead them to the playoffs. Just last week, Denver committed to Osweiller long term with a 4 year contract.

The Texans finally get a quarterback with the requisite accuracy to lead their offense. With depth at the right guard position they should also be able to absorb the loss on the o-line.

pack1797 majesty95 kha0tikdreamz mycaddy

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I vote no. Manning is way over the hill and has a noodle arm. He may be gone after this year too. Way too much to give up for him IMO. I think he may be worth a 3rd round pick by himself but that's about it. Let's see what the others say.

DazWatSheSaid is part of the committee now as well.

mycaddy

Starter
I think Manning is a good QB but I also think that is to much to give up for him... Texans are definately getting the raw end of the deal. I know they need a QB but I would be surprised if Manning doesnt retire in the game (and real life) at the end of the season... I would like to hear the Texans rationale on the trade if he thinks Manning is the missing piece to win or at least become a Super Bowl contender this year If I do not get to hear that piece of info I say no.

I will say I think Manning is worth more than a 3rd round pick but for me to say yes to the trade as I see it I would need to see either a 2nd round pick straight up or a player closer to his worth... But I think right now a 26 year old very solid rg is worth more and you throw in the pick the deal is overly weighted in Denvers favor

I think the Texans are giving up too much. Manning is almost for sure going to retire so it will be Super Bowl or bust and then the Texans will be in the same spot next year except they won't have a young franchise guard in Brooks, who is only 26 and already in the upper 80's. I don't think manning is worth a second overall pick.

I think it would be a lot more fair if it was either just the third for manning or just the lineman for manning