World of Mixed Martial Arts 4 (WMMA 4)

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
For those MMA/UFC fans out there, I thought I would point you guys to this game. WMMA 4 is a text based simulation game where you get to act as the promoter (think Dana White) and build your own MMA organization by hiring/firing fighters, and running shows. The default data is based around a fictional universe using fictional characters. However, mod makers will create files with all of the real life fighters (I have done this myself as well) so you can play both fictional and real worlds.

Here is a screen shot of the Anderson Silva like character from WMMA 4:

WMMA4Characters.JPG

I've been playing since WMMA 2 and its a lot of fun. If you are an MMA fan and like games like Out of the Park Baseball, you should definitely check out WMMA 4 (to be released this month).

WMMA 4 Demo
WMMA 4 Forums

Guiser98

Contributor
Just noticed this post. I played WMMA 2 quite a lot. Not as much with 3. But a cool game if you like MMA. How is 4?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Just noticed this post. I played WMMA 2 quite a lot. Not as much with 3. But a cool game if you like MMA. How is 4?

Never bought it actually. Was so busy with OOTP and console games that I never had the time to play. It keeps calling me though. I check the forums periodically. WMMA is my secret obsession. I've killed many, many days simming fictional WMMA events lol.

Nympholepsy42

Contributor
I actually played WMMA 2. Haven't played one since. It was a cool concept, especially if you like text sims. I just have. I just have a hard time getting into fictional leagues and their real world mods weren't accurate enough for me. At least back then.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Yeah, EA Sports UFC didn't have a ton of sales (around 750k last I looked) and some of the issues ran people off pretty quick. Hopefully 2 is much more refined.

WMMA is a test based sim. You don't actually play as the guys, you just hire guys and put on cards and try to Dana White your way up the WMMA universe. I played WMMA2 and 3 quite a bit. Never got around to 4 yet but it is fun to create cards and try to develop superstars.