WEEK 8 (S1)

Gonna get my game in as soon as I can tonight, I might not be able to check in on here, so if I still haven't done it, feel free to advance

Not letting me play. I clicked on it in actions, but got disconnected, and when I came back it had a check mark by it but doesn't show what the score was. I doubt it was necessarily EA's fault, as the connection on my laptop messed up at same time

Does it show a score for anyone else, or is it just mistakenly telling me I played the game already?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Generally when that happens it logs it as played and it can't be undone. I'll have to check and see if they added any commissioner action that could allow me to undo it. It's there to punish people who start and quit games. Once it's started ur generally screwed if you get disconnected.

Huh, makes sense. I wouldn't have thought it'd do that since the game didn't officially start, but I'll understand if it did

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
WEEK 8 MATCHUP
Cowboys_zps1fc7cb6f.jpg
VS
Lions_zpsf14146ba.jpg

Week 9 offered some great matchups in the NFL, but none greater than the game we witnessed in Detroit on Sunday. On paper this game looked to be unmatched as the Lions were sitting at an NFL best 7-0, while the Cowboys came in at 5-2. Dallas was following a week where they only scored 6 points, and starting the game they immediately wen down 14-0. It looked to be all the same for the Cowboys. Then the defense started to come alive. Dallas would come down and score on a nice left side run by Murray set up by superior blocking. Brandon Meriweather comes up with an INT for the Cowboys, who is a new addition to the team in a trade 2 weeks ago. The INT would only lead to a FG, and the score would be 14-10. Late in the 2nd with the Lions driving, Dallas would hold them to a 23 yard FG on a 4th and 1. Garrett and his offense would then run their 2 minute drill, but on 4th down they are limited to a 58 yard FG try, and Bailey would end up missing it. Halftime score 17-10 Lions. Dallas would come out in the third and get a TD pass from Tony Romo to his favorite target Jason Witten in the corner of the endzone. That score would tie the game at 17. The game would then follow with a few possession changes. Bryan Scott, who Dallas signed when Sims was injured, would come up with a INT, but it would lead to a punt after that. Calvin Johnson, or Megatron, would grab his 2nd TD of the game late in the 4th to make the score 24-17. Romo gets set to take the field down by 7 with 50 seconds left. Tony has shown in history he isn't the best in pressure situations. After a kick return from Duane Harris to the opposing 40, Dallas gets great field position. Romo goes perfect on the drive, and scores on a quick slant route to WR Aldrick Robinson, whom Dallas recently signed 2 weeks ago after they traded away Miles Austin. With 37 seconds left the score is 24-24. Detroit was not happy in the situation they were in and wanted to win the game. They attempt a Hail Mary Pass that is tipped around a few times at midfield, but was never caught. In OT Dallas wins the toss and chooses to receive, and they go all the way down the field, and get a first and goal on the 4. After a couple of rushing attempts, they find themselves 4th and goal on the 2 with a big decision to make. Dallas elects to kick the FG and take the points, so it's all up to Stafford and the Lions to score a TD to win. On Stafford's first pass in OT, he is intercepted by ROLB Ernie Sims, who played his first game back this week since week 2. Ernie Sims would pick off the ball then just fall on the ground to hold on for a Cowboys win 27-24 in OT. Dallas now sits at 6-2, tied for first place in the NFC East with the Philadelphia Eagles. They get a huge momentum swing, and are going to go into Minnesota next week with a huge chip on their shoulder. Cowboys are rolling this year and expect to keep it up. Even though the lions lost, dont expect them to be out for long. They are still sitting at an NFL best 7-1.

Player of the Game
Tony-Romo1_zps430d6ae0.jpg

QB Tony Romo
19/32 275 Yards 2 TD 0 INT