***VOTE*** First Season Trades

How many players should be allowed to be traded Season 1?

• NO TRADES

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • ONE PLAYER

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
The competition committee has been deliberating this and we've come to a close vote on the following two options. Please vote on one that will ONLY apply to the first season of Madden 18. Regular trade rules will go into effect in the offseason following that first season.

NO TRADES - This would keep team relatively intact for he first season. We will likely start with Week One NFL rosters so this will allow us to preview the NFL season with actual rosters. The team you watch on Sunday will be the same as the teams you play against in the league. Trading for draft picks for other draft picks would still be allowed per regular trade rules.

ONE PLAYER TRADE - This would allow each team (possible exception being brand new members) to trade one player rated 85 OVR or below. Draft picks could be included in this trade (per regular trade rules). This gives some flexibility in filling a position of need while lowering the authenticity aspect during the first season.

Majority will win. Votes are not shown publicly.

BigTexas18 pack1797 woodsmall12 Paytonno1son Burns Youngfuture firedup24 Duv49ers blahblahyea7 LostsniperLV wyrmreaver Jrk1d Ercolenose Jay2149 Wolfmode88 Omletnator13 JNYHART Tsmith2211 coachsmith1993 JKnight81 knwilliams86 Outlawiskrazy Danperez dspbuckle Millionairemax Cgabriel0030 AngelSuarez

wyrmreaver

All-Star
Close vote so far!

I chose 1 player. I personally like the freedom to be a GM and make deals. I know a lot of guys push for the integrity of the rosters or for realistic numbers of trades and such, but this is still a video game and escapism. From my point of view the only reason to limit the number of trades or other transactions is to protect the league from users who come in, blow up teams and then leave the league. If we knew all 32 users were going to play for at least 9 months I'd say no restrictions outside of a trade committee and approval process.

Anyways, that's just me. If the one trade rule passes, the Jets will be looking to make a deal. :)

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
It's not just blowOmg up teams, even one trade can make a team unattractive to a new user if it's a player they wanted to use or felt was integral to that team. The integrity of the league when filling spots is a huge component in roster rules.