Vikings - Chargers proposed trade DENIED

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
You're missing info. I've added it to the rules (it was in the trade rules pinned in this forum)

Sample Trade Submission

Team A - @username ($-- cap space, $-- cap penalty)
Player A, POS Age, OVR, Remaining years on contract, remaining salary, cap penalty
(Attach a screen shot of the player's Daddy League's attribute page, cropping it to just the necessary info)

Team B - @username ($-- cap space, $-- cap penalty)
Player B, POS Age, OVR, Remaining years on contract, remaining salary, cap penalty
(Attach a screen shot of the player's Daddy League's attribute page, cropping it to just the necessary info)
Draft Pick (Year, Round, Overall)

Also, I vote no. According to the Draft Chart the #4 pick is worth 1,800 points. The 28th pick is worth 660. At his age and with only one year left, Murray is worth a late-2nd at best, probably a 3rd. Even if we call it a mid-2nd that is 420 points for a total of 1,080. The 720 point difference is equivalent to the 25th pick in the draft. So, to me, this trade isn't even close to the prime value the #4 overall pick commands.

My bad, I'll fix format when I get to work.

Not sure if this helps or hurts my cause but Trent Richardson was traded for a first round pick straight up

Omletnator13

All-Star
I’m also pretty sure that was NOT on an expiring deal. And I have to agree with Mike on this. The number 4 pick is insanely valuable. A top 5 pick for basically Lat Murray just sounds wrong. I don’t think Murray ever had the hype Trent Richardson had coming out of school.

Was that a fair trade? Lol

Not trying to argue whether that trade was fair but there is a precedent. Plus I am throwing in the 28th pick on top of a proven RB. (FYI - I'm just pleading my case, not upset or anything)

I do have a question for future reference; Murray would be considered to be a RB on the down hill side of his career IRL. However, in Madden he will be a solid RB1 for at least 3 more years. Does the trade committee take either of those factors into consideration?

Omletnator13

All-Star
It’s definitely not the precedent. And Trent Richardson was a 3rd overall pick. Murray was drafted in the 6th round. Murray is getting trade shears later, while Richardson had one bad year and was still regarded as a 3rd overall pick running back.

Precedent doesn't mean it's the norm. The way I understand it, precedent shows that it is a realistic scenario as a similar circumstance has taken place previously.

Omletnator13

All-Star
It’s not similar tho. The situations are not even close. One year deal for Murray, 2nd year of a rookie deal for richardson. The expectations are totally different. Let me ask you this, do you think Lat Murray is as good as Ezekiel Elliott, or Saquon Barkley? Because the 4th overall pick would suggest he is or is going to be that

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
So what's the vote here Omletnator13 Lets remember not to have long debates. You can ask questions for clarification and post your vote and thoughts but let's try to refrain from the back and forth if it doesn't fit those two things.