Vikings/49ers Trade APPROVED

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Minnesota Vikings - majesty95 ($19.9M cap space, $0 cap penalty)
Ryan Switzer, WR Age 24, 75 OVR, 2 years, $1.6M remaining, $300k penalty

Switzer Trade.JPG
Switzer Trade 2.JPG

San Francisco 49ers - Duv49ers ($7.2M cap space, $0 cap penalty)
2020 2nd round pick

Trade logic: The Vikings signing of Phillip Dorsett and Julius Mallard leaves Switzer without much playing time even though he's been a ridiculously consistent receiver in the slot. The move will make him the likely slot guy in SF and possibly their #2 overall receiver.

Omletnator13 Tsmith2211 firedup24 aarms32

Omletnator13

All-Star
I'm not totally sure how I feel about this trade. Switzer is a 75 overall WR with avg dev and has been in the league two years. Has he developed a ton or been about the same? Even with the devalued draft classes 2nd seems high to me. I mean it's hard to project where everyone is going to finish. Switzer as a number 2 receiver helps the case. I guess I'll say yes but this was very borderline for me. If we had our real life draft classes I'd say no easily. But for the deluded draft I'll say yes.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
That was my thought. These draft classes aren't super deep and we'll probably only get one season out of whoever I draft. I took Switzer #11 in the 3rd and duv made the playoffs so hi pick should be around #20 if hes there again. Anyway, appreciate the feedback. Submitted in game Duv49ers