uncharted 4

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I have always been a sports gamer first and always will be, but on ps3 for the first time I got into play non sports games. Unless yall have been living under a rock you have played the uncharted series which is my clear favorite non sports series of all time. It has everything I look for in a non sport game offline campaign, good story, amazing graphics, fun gameplay and big set pieces and doesn't take 100 hours to complete. The game is finally only a few days from coming out and the media coverage on this game has been everywhere. So does anyone else play the series? I am not going to buy it new but will pick it up when the price drops

Last edited:

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
oh my you are really missing out as I said to me uncharted is the best non sports game of all time for me. Even with sports game would easily make my top 5. I still have a uncharted 3 poster thing up at my house lol

You should look at this the single player campaign for the 3 games all re mastered on ps4 for about 35$ used http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/uncharted-the-nathan-drake-collection/122235

here is a quick review from ign http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/30/uncharted-the-nathan-drake-collection-review

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I'll share some of the reviews coming in from this game from sites as the embargo is now lifted but they are all close to perfect so far

Uncharted 4 is the ultimate video game adventure, a visual masterpiece, and a heartfelt, triumphant conclusion for a PlayStation icon.

It's the most appetizing game smorgasbord we've ever had the good fortune to sample, with just the right blend of impactful storyline, cinematic cutscenes, explosive set pieces, exploration, discovery, puzzle solving and good old shootouts.

Naughty Dog once again delivers the whole package. Even if the formula is almost 9 years old by now, Uncharted 4 is a superb end to a several-year journey in the best company you can imagine.

A Thief End’s is the best Uncharted yet, delivering a story I didn’t want to end, and an adventure that concludes with a hell of a payoff. The “wow” factor of the world exploding under Drake’s feet has diminished in the years following Uncharted 2, but those moments are still effective, and a true showpiece of the developer’s exquisite craftsmanship for world and gameplay design.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End is the most spectacular game you will play this year, the best looking game ever and a worthy end to the adventures of Nathan Drake.

Games don't get any better than this. An absolute masterpiece from Naughty Dog and a great conclusion to a great franchise.

Spectacular in terms of narrative, this game features astonishing graphics in order to create one of the best games of the current generation. A true masterpiece

It takes great strides to outclass its previous entries because it knows there won’t be another chance. From the opening moments to the credits rolling, Uncharted 4 is built from the ground up to close the curtain on the series with its most well-rounded, personal, and fine-tuned entry. With its new and polished mechanics, unrivaled technical prowess, human story, and thrilling action, nothing in Uncharted 4 is less than top tier. In saying goodbye, Uncharted soars to its highest heights, and bids farewell to an icon with a finale befitting of the history that preceded it.

It’s in a class of its own. It’s the most fun I’ve had with a video game since Super Mario World. It’s an absolute treasure that combines action and story in a beautiful concert that I never wanted to end. It’s one of the rare games that years from now I know I will remember exactly where I was when the credits rolled and I said goodbye to Nathan Drake, one of the most prolific video game characters of all time. Bravo Naughty Dog, bravo.

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End will be regarded in the same light as Ocarina of Time and Grand Theft Auto III as a game that pushed the industry to new heights we’ve never seen before

Uncharted 4 is more than masterful, bearing the hallmarks of a true system seller. What struck me most as an ardent fans of the series is how much it breaks away from the original blueprint yet manages to amaze on every level. Where many studios step safely from one sequel and into the next, Naughty Dog has taken a gigantic leap, proving yet again they’re the best in the business.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
For the next few days uncharted collection on sale at best buy for 20$ the biggest steal u will ever get if you haven't played the series.

pack1797

Staff member
It's definitely the prettiest game I've ever played. So far, it's pretty much what you would expect from a next gen Uncharted game. If you enjoyed the other games in the series, then this one is right up your alley.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Luckily with it being a holiday weekend I had family stuff to do so I wasn't just sitting around the house. Still I ended up getting to chapter 12 and spent 11 hours playing. This is coming from someone who who has a short attention span with non sports games and usually gets bored with a game around this time frame. This game I'm having to try not to play it as I don't want it to end.

I'm not good at posting review and gameplay type stuff here are a few major thoughts I had. About the biggest knock I've had with past games is the puzzles. I would usually just look them up online and get them over with after a few minutes. This game they seem to be easier to do and also gives me the option to skip them if I want to. I find myself wanting more of the shooting in this game which is different then most games. So when the action scenes come I find them meaning more instead of just randomly shooting people. The graphics for this game is just mind blowing.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
What started as DLC will now be its own game for 40$ with a release date of August 22nd so view it as a spin off.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Geez. $40? How much was it as DLC? I'm assuming they added more to it beyond what was originally offered as DLC?

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
It started out as DLC and then they expanded it to make a standalone game. It is suppose to be in length longer then last of us DLC (3 hours) and uncharted games (10ish hour) so my guess is somewhere in the 6 hour range. I am very intrigued to see how this does and I would love to see games come out 20$ cheaper if they didn't include anything online. The length of games is a interesting topic for non sports games for me personally I am not want to play games that have me spend 30 hours on them.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
10 hours seems very short for a full length game. Plus you could rent it and beat it that short lol