UFC 2

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Well, I'm concerned to be honest:
  • I don't know why they insist on this parry system. This isn't boxing. UFC fighters don't parry very often. It was ridiculous in the last game and I fear it will be too big of a part of the game once again.
  • Anytime you advertise a "knockout system" it makes the sim player think its just going to be a swing for the fences game which, largely, UFC matches are not in real life.
  • The possibility of getting injured in career mode while training is cool.
  • Overall career mode sounds the same with starting in the Ultimate Fighter though. Its a nice feature, once, maybe twice. But it gets old if you want to create multiple fighter or start over. That should be optional I think.
  • The custom event creator could be great for leagues like ours if you can assign users. But I suspect it will just be an offline mode which will probably not have a long-lasting appeal.
  • The new online mode could be cool with working up to a title shot and then getting to defend the belt.
  • I love the idea of UFC Ultimate Team but worry that its going to be like the old Diamond Dynasty mostly built off of created fighters which will get cheesy and boring quick. However, if they add in dozens of real life retired fighetrs like all of the other Ultimate Team modes, it could be great. We will have to see. Just don't like created fighters online, especially in Ultimate Team, because people exploit things. Would like to have the option to not face created fighters if you do not want to.

Glen Cieske

All-Star
One of the comments said that the UT was going to be actual real life fighter and the cards would be the moves you could use with a certain fighter.

Jukemwr21

All-Star
UFC 2 CAREER MODE AND GAMEPLAY

With TUF fights I am now 7-2 in my career. I think this game has made the most strides in actually challenging you as a fighter. Last years game I don't recall losing a single fight and ultimately that's why I only played UFC for about a month. I think this one will last much longer in being re-playable. The AI challenges you a bit more this year. I too thought the knockout system would make it a button masher experience as well. The new stamina system makes button making a little harder this year as it can make you extremely vulnerable with your stamina. Training has been somewhat overhauled. They now throw curveball with members of your training team getting ill so you can't train stand up for a a while however I find this unrealistic in the 2 times its happened. The first excuse said that my gym was closed for renovations and there was no where else to train stand up, and the 2nd time my coach had the flu (for 6 months???) I guess it's good because it forces you not to be one dimensional. Training itself is mostly the same except that if grades you. And if you score really high it saves the result so you can sim your training to that result that you earned. It's based off of an A-F system. It gets you in and out of fights quicker, but for sim players like us it isn't practical.

I'll add more feed back as I go. If you guys have any questions or want me to test something out just let me know.

Glen Cieske

All-Star
I'm on the fence about this game. The career mode is what I would spend the most time in.

If its challenging and prevents me from winning every fight then I might pick it up when the price drops.

Jukemwr21

All-Star
I'm on the fence about this game. The career mode is what I would spend the most time in.

If its challenging and prevents me from winning every fight then I might pick it up when the price drops.
It definitely does that but then again I want to see what my fighter is like when he gets to elite status with the likes of the other contenders.