Trade Rule Update

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
An owner in the Xbox league had asked if leaderboard games played counted towards the 10-game minimum for being able to trade players rated 90 OVR or better. The rule had stated that owners in their first year could not trade players rated 90 OVR or better in their first season (minimum 10 games). The intent of the rule was to prevent new owners from from trading away high profile players in their first year and then abandoning those teams and leaving them unappealing (potentially) to replacement owners. However, I think we may have overthought that rule.

As long as the trade committee does their job (which both pack1797 and I are confident they will) there is no need to limit first year owners from trading or acquiring one player rated 90 OVR or better. We will still limit first-year owners to two trades and a maximum of three players traded or acquired so in case they do abandon their team they are still attractive to fans of those teams. But we will remove the limit on the one player at or above 90 OVR.

NOTE: We believe in full transparency so I want to make everyone aware that this amendment does affect a trade I made with 5StarTA in the Xbox league. However, I completely forgot about the rule when I accepted his offer. pack1797 brought it to my attention (and I presume he forgot as well) when the other member asked if games played on the leaderboard counted to the 10-game minimum. We talked about it and felt that, while well intentioned, new owners should have the same rights as veteran owners while trading, just be limited in how many trades they can make for the reasons mentioned above.

As always, if you have any questions, comments or concerns, please direct them to myself or pack1797 via PM. Thanks!