The Ravens Report

Konvict27

Starter
Baltimore_Ravens.png The Ravens are 14-2 and back in the playoffs..After missing the playoffs last year the Ravens added key free agents to solidify their team..After getting passed the Ray Rice scandal the Ravens performed at an elite level.Finishing in the top ten in defense and would have been in the top ten in offense had they not sat there starters week 17.
Onwards to the playoffs holding the top spot in the AFC and home field advantage.The Ravens plan too turn things up and make a run at the super bowl.The first year owner stayed true to his fan roots by letting the football guys handle football stuff while lowering ticket and concession prices.When asked how his first year as a pro football owner was going Neal Konvict just smiled and said"A dream come true".So as the Ravens move forward they are focused and drivin and prepared to bring a 3rd Lombardi trophy to the Charm City..

Last edited:

Konvict27

Starter
Off Season Report
The Ravens churn threw the post season with a bitter taste in there mouth.Finishing the regular season at 14-2 the Ravens had high expectations going into the post season.Those expectations were dashed on a snowy Saturday by a hot San Diego Charger team.Needless to say the Ravens go into this new season with the Rock of Gibraltar on there sholder.The question remains are these new Ravens ready to lead the toughest division in football..
The Ravens have retooled there roster a few different ways.First thing they did was bring back starting running back Justin Forsett to keep the Ravens running game on schedule.Second they added Louis Delmas and Nolan Carroll III to sure up a secondary that took a hit in the off-season.The third thing that will sure up the Ravens this off-season is one simple phrase and it goes IN OZZIE WE TRUST...
With the draft approaching fast the Ravens will rely on as usual the wisdom of Ozzie Newsome.Surely Newsome will bring in the young talent needed to fill any holes left by free agency.The goal of this team is too win a Super Bowl and that starts now.With it being up in theair if owner Neal Konvict will be able to attend the draft.It will definitely take a group effort during the draft to make sure mistakes are limited.
As this season begins the Ravens look to keep up there regular season dominance.They must learn how too win the big game as last season they turned in two horrible performances.One against the eventual Super Bowl champion Saints the other a playoff lost to the Chargers.When asked if the Ravens choked last year the head coach said..."Choking would be an excuse and there is no excuses here we lost".So get your beer on ice cause the draft is here......Go Ravens...

Konvict27

Starter
BYE WEEK ASSESSMENT

It's the halfway point of the Ravens season there are many issues and non issues that need to be addressed.The Ravens sit just above 500 and a slate of three AFC games coming up two of those in the division.The Ravens are looking too reassert there dominance over the division and AFC as a whole.The Ravens have only played one game in the division thus far so still have a shot at winning the division.With a early season injury bug contributing to the slow start. The Ravens are now in the top ten on defense and offense.As the season moves on consistency and efficiency are the keys to gaining a spot in a tough AFC playoff picture.

The Ravens Report sat down with quarterback Joe Flacco to get a sense of how the locker room was progressing this year.

Question..So Joe you are now the true face of the Ravens.What are your goals as leader and face of this organization?

Answer...Well as a leader around here I tend to lead by example.I want the players and the front office to no when I'm involved in any team activity you are getting a class act.Not a flashy pre madonna like say a Johnny Football.
My goals around here is to win super bowls and leave a standing legacy in the community.Cause no matter what I do on the field is nothing if im not a stand up guy in the community.Some guys like Johnny Football are only out for them selves.I believe as pro athletes you have to have higher standards.

Question..I hear you mention Johnny Football.There has been billboards going up in and around the city of Cleveland saying"Flacco is Whacko".Any comments?

Answer..I don't have time to deal with other peoples ignorance.But if I were a team that hasn't been too the playoffs in years.And just having a winning record is a accomplishment I would probably worry about my own team.But.when you have been bottom feeders for so long I kinda expect them to beg for attention.

Well there your have it folks.We should all expect big things from the Ravens in the second half of the season.and we want to thank you for checking in on the Ravens Report.

Last edited by a moderator:

Konvict27

Starter
Well it's December and teams are making there playoff push.The Ravens stand at 6-6 and the playoffs are slipping away.We caught up to Ravens owner Neal Konvict to get a feel for how the front office is planning to address the down year.
Ravens Report:First I would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy day to sit down with us.Before we get into details is there anything you would like to say to the fans out there.
Neal Konvict:Sure I would like to thank all the fans for keeping the seats full at the Bank threw this rough patch.And to let them know the fight still continues please keep up the support.
Ravens Report:Ok enough with the pleasantries the Ravens are 6-6 not what anyone wanted or expected at this point in the year.What do you see as the main contributor to the subpar record?
Neal Konvict:Well where to start.It would have to be turnovers that are the culprit.On both sides of the ball the defense isn't getting them and the offense has too many.There needs to be major improvements in that area and I am confident the coaching staff can get it turned around.
Ravens Report:Quarterback Joe Flacco is having one of his worst years is there a chance the Ravens will be drafting there QB of the future in this year's draft?
Neal Konvict:No absolutely not that being said if there is a talented guy on the board when we pick don't be surprised if we snag him.
Ravens Report:You mentioned turnovers as the greatest issue thus far.The offensive backfield is leading the way in the turnover department.Why can't they get it together?
Neal Konvict:I think there is just a chemistry and consistency issue with us using different backs.We have brought back pro bowler Ray Rice to help with that and we will see where it takes us.
Ravens Report:We have been seeing Rices carries increased over the last two weeks is that a sign?
Neal Konvict:I can't say for sure cause I'm a owner not a coach but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in with the starters in the coming weeks.
Ravens Report:Wow so you are not worried about fan and media reaction to this decision?
"Worried" NO..Ray made his mistakes and has paid for them.In the land of second chances who am I not to allow it.
Ravens Report:Ok so the Raven fans have alot too look out for the last four weeks of the season.What do you expect from this team?
Neal Konvict:I expect this team to gain consistency and protect the ball and make a run at the playoffs.If we can't do the proper things to win games then we must make the changes to get back to the Super Bowl.
There you have it folks the Ravens have a uphill climb.They have there owner in there corner and the fans.Now it's time for them to have each other's back.Thanx for checking in to the Ravens Report see you next time.

Konvict27

Starter
tmp_images(6)-31964128.jpeg

SEASON IN REVIEW
Well the Ravens put a wrap on the season the other night with a loss to the AFC North champs the Cleveland Browns.This brought to the end a sub par and under achieving season at which the Ravens must address.The mood around the facility and city for that matter was one of shock.Though you could still hear the sound of weights clanking of guys getting out there frustration there were no smiles nor laughs.The same could be said for a city that is usually a buzz this time of year with playoff chatter.The bars lay half full downtown and while at dinner in Fells Point I had to request that the San Diego vs Cleveland game be turned on.

So now you get the picture of the Ravens and of the fans now let's get into the nuts and bolts of this thing.First thing lets not take away the fact that this was a down year and the Ravens still stayed in the hunt till the final few weeks of the season.We have to address the lack of offensive production near the bottom of the league in all major categories.With Joe Flacco being paid to be the man it did not dictate to the field with 27 interceptions to just 13 touchdowns you have to wonder when the Qb of the future will be bought in.I bumped into Joe at the facility as he was leaving and asked about the season he said "I just want to put this one behind me and get home to my family and get this shoulder healthy.So when I take the field come next season the league will know what I can do."The receiving core just didn't seem to get on track this year not being able to make the plays when we needed them most and where was the deep ball this year. With Torrey Smith playing like a number two receiver and Steve Smith Sr playing like a number three receiver it has left a void that Dennis Pitts has done his all to fill.The standout tight end has been a bright spot in this medieval offense.Reporters caught up to Smith Sr getting into his car earlier and one asked if he would be a Raven next year and the always brash and out spoken Smith Sr said"Did we win the Super Bowl?A few years ago I signed here with a goal and that was a championship.So ima go get my mind and body rite and maybe make another little smith and get together with Joe get in the lab watch some film unleash hell on these chumps next year".So you can see that the lack of production did not go over well with the offensive veterans.
The Ravens defense performed well this year most games carrying the offense to victory.With a stingy back end and stout up front playoff teams are counting there blessings they don't have to see these boys.Lead by the likes of Terrell Suggs and Ladarius Webb this defense made it a tough out for every team on Sundays.With talent and depth it's fair to say it won't be a defensive player coming off the board in the first round.I ran into all pro defensive tackle Haloti Ngata of all places in the weight room and asked him is this a super bowl defense he said"Absolutely! Just look at all the talent around here we got back ups that could start on most teams.Take a look at a guy like Pernell Mcphee or Timmy Jernigan those guys have talent and hardly see the field.So we are ready for a dominant super bowl caliber year" I couldn't help but to feel as if he was telling the truth.Though he was probably staying positive for the young guys in the room.Either way the Ravens defense is in great hands as Ngata and Suggs are expected to retire as Ravens.
Head coach John Harbaugh seemed to be the the only person that smiled when I saw him.He seemed not to be affected by the mood of the rest of the organization when I asked why he said"No time to feel sorry for myself I have to get this thing back on course.We got a draft to prepare for did you no our leading rusher was hitting the market.So there is no time for pity or remorse only focus and resolve."When you see a guy that motivated and confident you can see why he hoisted the Lombardi.
So with the Ravens in full off-season mode you can already get the feeling that the rite things will be done to at the least get back into the playoffs and hopefully make a run at the super bowl.Here at the Ravens Report we tend to be a cup half full type of crew so come September we will be front row and center for another rollercoaster ride that is the Baltimore Ravens season.Check back soon as I will be sitting down with the Ravens Owner Neal Konvict to get his input on the season that was and the season to come.Thanks again for checking in on the Ravens Report..

Konvict27

Starter
images (3).jpg
Baltimore Ravens Season Preview

Welcome to the latest edition of the Ravens Report.In this edition we will dive into the up coming season and do our best to give you a picture of the new season.The Ravens are coming off a down year failing to make the playoffs for the first time in seven years.This did not sit well with the front office or the ownership.The Ravens dropped games they should've won down the stretch last year and the main reason was turnovers.Quarterback Joe Flacco must play better and that's where the road back to the playoffs begins.
With the preseason in full swing we have just enough game film to see who is serious about making a legitimate run at a Lombardi.Someone who has been jumping off the screen is veteran Wr Steve Smith.Obviously feeling upset about being pushed down on the depth chart some say even on the bubble.Smitty has hauled in 16 catches for over 200 yards and 2 touchdowns.Showing great hands and his usual yards after catch.On the defensive side of the ball its the speed of rookie first round pick Jamie Silva.Silva has eight tackles and two sacks in the preseason and is impressing the coaches whom he fell to in the draft.Going into the draft many teams had Silva on the top of there draft boards.When asked why they took Silva when the need for Oline was there Ravens GM Ozzie New some said "We saw a top ten talent on the board at 19 it was a nobrainer as far as we were concerned.With this being a weak draft at Oline we felt good with the pick." As you can see a lot will be expected out of the rookie now and in the future.
The Ravens schedule this season is made up of the NFC east and AFC east.With the Titans and always fun Chargers.This has the Ravens with a week 4 bye and a mid season trip up too Foxborough.The Ravens also have a Beltway Bowl match up against the Redskins in week 11.Weeks sixteen and seventeen the Ravens have divisional opponents which means a late season run in with Johnny Football.This should make four a winter deep in drama and hilarity as these teams have been known to trade jabs in the media.The Ravens spend week two threw five on the road two of those games are divisional games this could prove to be the most critical part of the year.If the Ravens can get threw that part of the season they only will have one road divisional game against The Bengals.
With the addition of Rb DeMarco Murray and Wr DeAndre Hopkins and a solid draft including the surprise of the preseason rookie Rodriguez Small.With size and speed and the ability to run any route there may be a veteran on the chopping block.With all spots filled and some decisions to be made Ravens fans stay locked into Px1sports and The Ravens Report for what is sure to be another great Baltimore Ravens season...GO RAVENS!!!

Last edited:

Konvict27

Starter
index.jpg
The Ravens Report

This week in the Ravens Report we will be discussing the Ravens making a push for the playoffs.There are four games left on the schedule and the Ravens may have to win out to get in.For now the Ravens sit in the wildcard spot but any missteps could cost them a shot at the post season.The Ravens have been playing some of there best football of late they are currently on a six game win streak.Coming off a shutout win over the Dolphins where the defense only gave up fifty yards of offense this has the look of a championship team.The team as a whole has been playing elevated ball and the credit should go to coach Harbaugh and the staff for keeping the team focused on the task at hand.
There are several players on both sides of the ball who have been playing at a high level but Terrell Suggs seems to defy time.Still playing at a dominant level even at the age of thirty three posting a stat line of 40 tackles and 10 sacks on the season.Once again the secondary is guided by the play of Ladarius Webb.He has hauled in 6 int and has 22 tackles and has done a outstanding job shutting down one side of the field.The linebacker group is being led by veteran Daryl Smith he has been instrumental in the development of CJ Mosley these two have been the heart of this top ten defense.
On the offensive side of the ball the Ravens have been guided by the smooth arm of Joe Flacco.Joe has kept the offense on schedule and put points on the board no flash no fanfare just football.The edition of DeMarco Murray has breathed fresh air into the running game as he is on pace for double digit touchdowns and a thousand yards on the ground.Torrey Smith has been rock solid this year making big catch after big catch.The surprise of the season has been Marlon Brown being inserted into the starting line up and proving he belongs.Its been no mystery that Browns insertion into the starting lineup came at the same time as the Ravens current win streak.
In order to get back to the superbowl the Ravens have to find a way to play some consistent football in the playoffs.If the Ravens can win out they would win the north and at least get a game at home.To do that they will have to get past the Eagles,Jets,Browns and Bengals the Browns game is sure to be a good one and the division could be decided then.The Eagles are a tough bunch led by McCoy and the up tempo offense has been giving teams fits all year.The Jets and the Bengals are two teams that would love to play spoiler to a hot Ravens team.Its the time of year where the good teams buckle in and take there game to another level.The Ravens have to find a way to push through adversity and show the rest of the league that no matter the what is put in front of them you can never stop the heart of a Raven.See you guys in the playoffs...GO RAVENS!!!

Konvict27

Starter
The Ravens Report
Off-season Round Up
Welcome back to another edition of The Ravens Report we will fill you guys in the rumblings around Ravens HQ.Before we get into this season we have to discuss last season.The Ravens finished 2016 at 11-5 and made it back to the post season an improvement over there 9-7 2015 season.Finishing in the top ten in offense and defense last season shows that there is a championship formula in place.The Ravens fell in the playoffs to a tough Browns squad leaving a bitter taste in the mouth of Joe Flacco and the Ravens.The Ravens have made moves in the off season to fill wholes and solidify the squad to make a run at the super bowl.With the draft in the wraps the team has started to show signs of what they will look like and its not looking bad.
Coming into the off season the Ravens lacking a play maker on the outside that command a double team so in the first round the Ravens took Jabbar Dukes (77ovr) out of Michigan St.The Ravens made a last minute trade with the Redskins to move up to grab Dukes who has put his first round talent on display thus far in the preseason.The Ravens grabbed a gem in the fourth round in Jyhe Murphy (74ovr) it will be interesting to see how coach Harbaugh fits him in on a deep defensive front.It will be a long seasons so it may take some time to see if these young guys can find there role and excel. With preseason in full swing there will be free agents coming and going thus far the Ravens have added a few guys to see if they will stick.Adding QB depth the Ravens brought in veteran Josh Freeman (66ovr) and blocking TE Craig Stevens (80ovr). Both are a asset to the locker room and will be able to fill in if needed without missing a beat.The Ravens also signed two rookies to add some developmental depth with MLB Adric Dennard (68ovr) and S Dixon Rowland (66ovr). We looking forward to the on coming season with hopes of playoff and super bowl dreams.

DRAFT REVIEW

3700.png

Jabbar Dukes #11 WR
17th Pick in the 1st round
Michigan St
At 6'4" 236 Dukes is a definite red zone threat but on tape you see that he
is not afraid to go across the middle.He still needs to work on his strength
and yards after the catch he has a high upside and just enough speed to create
space.
3476.png

Qudarius Donnelly #70 LT
23rd Pick in the 2nd round
Notre Dame
Donnelly is 6'4" 325 run blocking machine with a high IQ a third round talent
that went in the second so he will need extra time to reach potential the he displayed at
Notre Dame
3636.png
Jyhe Murphy #95 LE
17th Pick in the 4th round
Boise State
Murphy 6'3 261 LE with a high motor and above average speed
Murphy has the speed to keep mobile QB's contained and too drop in too
coverage but the speed really shows when in pursuit of the QB.
3761.png
Jalston Perry #27 SS
23rd Pick in the 5th round
Virginia
Jalston is a quick safety who has enough speed to play deep Perry
at 6'0" 213 Jalston is not afraid to lay the boom.Perry needs to get into the
playbook as he has issues with being in the rite place on the field.

3754.png
Cedric Todd #29 HB
23rd Pick in the 6th round
W.Kentucky
At 5'10" 201 Cedric is a quick back who is good with the ball in his hands though his hands
are not what you would want Todd is perfect for third downs as he stands out
at pass protection
4066.png
Kasey Poteat #67 LG
23rd Pick in the 7th round
Kent State
Kasey is 6'3" 305 decent at run blocking but needs help in the pass protection
Poteat is a project for the ravens coaching staff but he will have to earn his spot
on the roster

Thanks again for checking in on The Ravens Report we hope you all tune in to the Ravens pursuit of a championship.
Remember you can view all Ravens games on Twitch channel Konvict27 courtesy of Px1sports.

Konvict27

Starter
bird 1.jpg

THE RAVENS REPORT
The Ravens went into the bye week 3-1 after a loss to the Cleveland Browns.After the loss we had a chance to sit down with owner Neal Konvict to get his feeling on the teams production thus far.

• Ravens Report:Goodmorning and thanks for sitting down with us today.
  • Konvict:Its great to be here thanks for having me.You guys do a great job here glad i can help.
  • Ravens Report:So the team is 3-1 and took a big loss to the Browns.How do you think that will affect the team going forward?
  • Konvict:Well thats why we try to draft high character guys so that when things dont go well you have the kind of guys in place that are ready to over come adversity.
  • Ravens Report:The Ravens are rank 25th in offense and seem to can't get seem to get on track.What do you think needs to be done to get the production up?
  • Konvict:First off there needs to be a return to fundamentals know your job and doit if you do those things production takes care of its self.
  • Ravens Report:With Joe Flacco getting up there in years when will the team look to the future at the Qb position?
  • Konvict:First of all Joe is still playing at a high level and has taken this team to the playoffs with regularity.So unless there is a phenom when we pick in the draft I really dont see us making a move.But you never know what Ozzie has up his sleeve.
  • Ravens Report:If you had to give this team a grade thus far what would it be and why?
  • Konvict:Hmmmm I guess i would give them a A-. Well we are just getting healthy and up to full strength so we could easily be a A+ but with the loss its a A- for now.
  • Ravens Report:One more question before we go.How was Florida during the bye week?
  • Konvict:It was great thanks for asking.The wife and I love it down there we got a place on Jupiter Island and I own a resteraunt near by so its really a good time.
  • Ravens Report:Well thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to sit down with us.
  • Konvict:No problem hope we can do this a little more if my schedule permits.
Ravens Report:I look forward to it.

Well ther you have it straight from the top guy round here.We hope you enjoyed our interview this week.And we hope to see you next time here on the Ravens Report.

Konvict27

Starter
bird2.jpg

The Ravens Report

Good day folks and welcome to The Ravens Report today we will discuss the big trade.As i sit hear i see a back up QB who needs development brought in for a all pro shut down corner. Something about this doesn't sit rite with me I'm not sure what the thought process was here and frankly I'm pissed. If the thought process behind this is that Flacco is declining and the window is closing then why get rid of a win now corner back. No disrespect to Blake Bortles and what he brings to this team but at what cost. While Nolan Caroll III is playing above expectation you wonder if that will continue with extended minutes. It also brings to question the play of the back up's can Davion Rodgers step up and make plays i hope so.
The timing of this could't be any worse losing a key member of this defense as the play off push approaches. I'm gonna rely on Jim and Ozzie assume they have a master plan or perhaps see something I don't. We now have to sit back on sundays and watch this unfold and scream our heads off at the results good or bad. In a way I'm impressed with the guts of this front office willing to make a move for the future at this point of the season. Maybe they are leaning on the fact that the Ravens boast the #1 defense in the league and that the system will hold firm.
On the other side of this trade is young stud Qb Blake Bortles. Bortles started two years in J ville with so so results but he brings a glimps into the future for the Ravens and with this move the writing is on the wall for Joe Flacco I could see him here for next season but past that I doubt it. Joe was by far the best Qb in Ravens history and you would hope he could retire a Raven.If that happens or not the Ravens owe Joe Flacco he gave his all week in and week out and barely ever missed a start.But with youth you have hope of a brighter future and dreams of a top five offense. Bortles has the makeup of a guy who can do all these things and more.A big frame guy with a strong arm enough speed to keep the play alive. He also is a high character guy who doesn't mined learning from Joe.
In the end the Ravens got younger in stroke of the pen. If you factor in that the ravens plan to let Webb walk and you get a whole different looking squad next year.Some how the NFL finds a way to remind you that its a money league and you need to stay ahead of the curve to survive. So come January we can look back at this trade and see how it stands then .But for now I'm not sold but im just an old pencil pusher from East Towson.Thanks for your time...