The Dawg Pound | Browns 2017 Week 3 Preview

Burns

Hall of Famer
GB9yUKZ.png

Week 3 Preview
Cleveland, OH - The Browns are sitting at 2-0 now entering Week 3, and we here at The Dawg Pound couldn't be more excited. The defense has been forcing turnovers, the offense has been scoring, and through 2 weeks, the Browns are averaging 43 points per game. This week, the Browns are once again on the road, as they travel to Indianapolis to take on the 1-1 Colts.

Before we get into the game preview, news broke yesterday that the Browns traded 3rd string DE Tyrone Holmes to the Arizona Cardinals in return for WR Jaron Brown. The trade was definitely made in response to the Sammie Coates injury, although Coates will only be out a few games. Brown will stand in as the #3 receiver for the next few weeks.

adbfe310f6b818be4c7df7f261a9e263.png

Now, let's get to this week's opponent, the 1-1 Indianapolis Colts. The Colts are coming off their first loss of the season, at the hands of the Arizona Cardinals. Let's take a look at the recap for that game:

NT3tHx1.png

The Cardinals offense was on point in this one, leading one to believe the Colts defense could be a point of weakness. The offense, however, was not too bad. They put up 24 points, and QB Jacoby Brissett threw for nearly 400 yards on the day. The one thing they struggled with was running the ball, as they only had 44 yards on the day.

Expect the defense to feast once again this week. The Colts gave up 4 sacks to the Cardinals, and also turned the ball over 1 time. The Browns are +8 in turnover differential so far this year, and I fully expect them to add 1 or 2 more takeaways this game.

One thing I predict will happen this game, is the Browns running game will get going again. The Colts gave up 134 rushing yards to the Cardinal. Expect the Browns to run for over 100 yards this game.

I think Kizer is going to have his best game in this one. The Colts don't exactly have a defense to be feared, and I think Kizer will finally throw for over 300 yards.

Overall, I think this matchup favors the Browns. They're simply the better team, and at the end of the day, they're going to be 3-0.

Official Prediction: Browns are 10 point favorites over the Colts with the O/U being set at 64 according to DaddyLeagues. I think the game won't be as close as they say, and the Browns will win this one handily, 30-14.

For all things Cleveland Browns, stay tuned to The Dawg Pound

Last edited: