Texans - Redskins Trade APPROVED

woodsmall12

All-Star
Texans looking to bolster their offensive line due to a rather weak O line last year - Scherff has two years left on his contract - Redskins looking to add two players for one while savings $$ with only $22 mil currently in cap space - Skins get early 4th and 5th round selections - Redskins get a little more life out of these rookie contracts while avoiding the resigning of Scherff and savings $$ this year and next

Houston Texans - woodsmall12 ($41.3 mil cap space, $1.13 cap penalty)
2017 3rd round pick #68 I believe (4th overall pick in round 3)
2017 5th round pick #132 (4th overall pick in round 4)

Washington Redskins - CMagoon89 ($22 mil cap space, $0 cap penalty)
Brandon Scherff RG, Age 25, 77 overall - Normal dev - 2 yrs left $9.58 mil left, $5.94 cap penalty
IMG_1325.JPG

pack1797 majesty95 BigTexas18 NightHawkTH32 JerseyBorn

Last edited:

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Scherff is young and a solid player. The 4th and 5th basically make this a late 3rd. You can't get a player of that caliber in the 3rd. Value wise he's probably a mid-late 2nd. I think a 3rd and 5th would be proper value considering where woody is drafting

pack1797

Staff member
He beat me to it. I'm more comfortable with a 3rd and 5th here considering how early the picks are.

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
This trade is a little funny to me. I was also after Scherff. We had talked about a third rounder, and it ended there last night. While I was trying to fall asleep, I was thinking about it, and decided Scherff is a pretty sweet OL. So I knew that wasn't going to be enough especially where I'm drafting. I woke up this morning and was going to tell him I'll go up to a 2nd and 4th possibly. Which is almost the equivalent to Wood's 3rd and 5th. Then I saw this posted for the 4th and 5th and was just like :unsure:. lol. I would say a 3rd and 5th is good value. Guess I got beat to the punch again