Texans/Patriots Trade

Houston Texans -- 27Christian27 ($21.8M Cap Space, $810K Cap Penalty)
**1.** Jaelen Strong, WR 22, 75, 3 Remaining Years on Contact (2016 $700K / 2017 $700K / 2018 $890K), $750K Cap Penalty
http://daddyleagues.com/maddenrating/2439-Jaelen_Strong

New England Patriots -- sprint42 ($14.9M Cap Space, $3.51M Cap Penalty)
**1.** New England Patriots 2017 Draft 3rd Round Pick
**2.** Malcolm Mitchell, WR 23 66, 1 Remaining Year on Contract (2016 $1.45M), $0 Penalty
http://daddyleagues.com/maddenrating/17627-Malcolm_Mitchell

Trade Discussion Summary:
-- sprint42 asked about availability of Fuller or Strong
-- 27Christian27 don't want to trade a rookie, looking for draft picks?
-- sprint42 3rd for Strong?
-- 27Christian27 that + Mitchell back
-- sprint42 deal

pack1797

Staff member
This trade would be fine without Mitchell thrown in. I realize he'll probably just be a depth player, but the third alone would probably be enough for strong. I'd like to hear what others think, as it stands I don't see the need for Mitchell's inclusion, but it's not completely out of balance even with him. I'll vote when I hear some from other committee members.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'm kind of with Matt here. I don't think Mitchell is needed although I understand why they want him back. What is his route running? That does not show on DL. Being in the final year of his deal means he may not stick around or may cost more than he's worth. Who knows. Like to see RTE before deciding

Burns

Hall of Famer
I agree with what's been said above. I think the 3rd rounder for Strong is enough as it is.

I want Mitchell back because I only have 4 WR without Strong, there are no better WR available via FA, and sprint42 would no longer need Mitchell, while having to cut a player if he doesn't trade him.

That is the/our reasoning.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I want Mitchell back because I only have 4 WR without Strong, there are no better WR available via FA, and sprint42 would no longer need Mitchell, while having to cut a player if he doesn't trade him.

That is the/our reasoning.

Would you be willing to add a 6th round pick to get Mitchell back?