Texans - Browns Trade APPROVED

woodsmall12

All-Star
Texans still looking for help on the O line while moving some $$ and getting cheaper - Also looking to add a LB that can play pass defense since the team is moving to a 4-3 scheme - Browns looking to bolster the middle of their defense with a veteran LB that brings most of the traits with him - In need of a versatile FB which can be hard to find - Both players leaving have expiring contracts this year

Houston Texans - woodsmall12 ($41.3 mil cap space, $1.13 cap penalty)
Brian Cushing MLB, Age 30, 81 overall - norm dev - 3 yrs $27.4 mil left, $3.84 cap penalty
IMG_1328.JPG
Jay Prosch FB, Age 25, 82 overall - norm dev - 1 yr $610k left, $20k cap penalty
IMG_1329.JPG
Jaelen Strong WR, age 23, 75 ovr - norm dev - 2 yrs @ $1.6 mil left, $500k penalty
IMG_1434.JPG

Cleveland Browns - Ercolenose ($27.6 mil cap space, $5.05 mil cap penalty)
2017 5th round selection - pick #139
Joel Bitinio LG, Age 25, 82 overall - quick dev - 1 yr left $1.48 mil, $600k penalty
IMG_1327.JPG
Christian Kirksey MLB, Age 25, 75 overall - norm dev - 1 yr left $900k, $200K penalty
IMG_1326.JPG

pack1797 majesty95 BigTexas18 NightHawkTH32 JerseyBorn

Last edited:

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I know woody was trying to offer more and manny said he was ok. However, my issue now that I look at it is this: Kirksey and Cushing are basically a wash which leaves a solid guard with quick dev for a fullback who doesn't block well. Cushing is the only player with more than a year left (are we positive all of these one year contracts aren't actually going to be free agents?) so gives him a little more value but not enough to offset the OG for FB. I'd say a 4th rounder needs to be added by HOU assuming none of these guys are going to be free agents.

woodsmall12

All-Star
Don't have a 4th this year ... only two back end 5th rounders, 6th and 7th ... would do a 4 next year but not a 3 as I know everyone feels a 4 next year is a 5th rounder

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Yeah I don't know if a 4th next year hold the value of a 4th this year. I would def do a 3rd next year, especially since we don't expect HOU to have a top 15 pick next year. However if you're not willing to do that I'm not sure where to go unless a player is added.

Ercolenose

Contributor
my biggest concern is the FB availability these days. With an overall of 82, Prosch would easily lock that position for years (as long as I can renew). The draft doesn't offer much on this department as I'm sure the open market would be a heavy penny for something of lesser value. I see this deal as fair in the absence of fullbacks in the game. If a draft HAS to be added, a 4th will kill this deal (perhaps lower). My view is coming from a team that is losing their players due to roster happiness. Everyone wants to leave and I'm not placing the franchise tag on crap players. I either gotta pick young or trade.

JerseyBorn

All-Star
My main concern with this trade is whether a fullback is really that important/valuable. Like Majesty said, the Cushing and Kirksey are a wash and I feel like a young guard with quick dev is overpaying for a fullback. I understand the Browns would like a fullback but is he really that valuable? I'd be good with this if a 3rd rounder in next year's draft was added though.

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
Kirksey is a big time player. Once he's moved to OLB he blows up and becomes a superstar. Or at least I think he would. I think the 75 rating for MLB is muted because he should play OLB... anyway beside the point...

Looks like HOU is trying to get younger at the position. Bitonio is a big time OL as well With OL XP increasing and his quick development he would be a solid OL for years as he's 25. FB's are a dime a dozen in MADDEN imo.. I don't see the best value here. I could go with a 3rd next year that was suggested. Even though we don't know where the 3rd will be a 3rd is a 3rd. Still in good round to get a big time player.

NightHawkTH32

All-Star
Yeah I think we are all on the same page here as far as the value each owner is receiving. I would also approve for a 3rd next to balance out Bitino's value.