Tale's From The Tigers Den - "Interview w/ Jordyn Hall - Week 1 D.P.O.T.W."

F3RR3IRA_SR

Starter
sBIRk8DhU_q0UOJJhO8cVxarsYPtTvhhtxAd7OCLi2kjPkoUMHCTScChH7rKA9dRsg75obUqZvUYHCKnldrqhMD5rSKbB-dpcXMOCPfLDR8nbThg4WfHnphejvtyYFbNMN6ngTs5

J8ZJcp9d9Z5gcuytEerYqVz0YRJ_sZIk6Lsapqd2XNlKYaq4O1Aj2256rZ0g1Qr1H-dCLR4DW-CuAJHdU8FR9ywkSc_iikHhD6jzf-OW6drHRdn8NcL1V-u8mm6LQZmKord7ZBmK

Hello Tiger Fans!

Welcome to the first ever “Tale’s From The Tiger’s Den” from the CFSL Clemson Tigers! Today we interviewed the defensive standout Jordyn Hall JR SS #11. He won his 1st D.P.O.T.W. award for his performance. Not only is it his 1st, but it’s also Clemson’s first piece of hardware for their trophy case! It’s a real exciting time here in South Carolina to be a Clemson Tiger Fan! I took some time to catch up with Mr. Hall to ask him some questions on his selection to Clemson. We of course discussed his performance in the Auburn game. So let’s get right to it!

• What was it about Clemson that drew you to that school?

“The reason I choose Clemson was because of my relationship with AK, on my official visit we clicked and we hit it off. Mama Khan is definitely a plus for this program despite the outside noise lol. But as soon as I met with Nick the AD, I knew this was going to be my home when I transferred from junior college.”

• You wear #11 is that a special number for you or was it the number Clemson gave you?

“The reason I wear number 11 is because its the day I was born on in May. So it definitely means a lot to me. I have worn 11 pretty much whenever I can wear it.”

• In your first game and the schools first game in CFSL history, How nervous were you?

“Man you don't know how nervous it was in that visiting locker room. Jordan Hare is not a place for the faint of heart. You know going in the crowd is going to play a factor. All the great moments their from the kick 6 to Cam Newton lightning it up weekly, to Bo Jackson plowing through d-lines like nothing. I was nervous for maybe pre game walk through, but as soon as we went in from introductions, it was all game face from there. I was a bit nervous but as soon I made that first tackle on Moon or that running back I was locked in.”

• Did you feel like you weren't going to come back from being down 40 points!?

“I honestly didn't feel like we were down 40 points. We gave up some big plays yes, but we worked hard all week and prepped a lot and eventually our scouting paid off. We knew Moon was going to throw and run but as long as we stayed true to our assignments we would come back. In the second half we got that fumble and we knew if we could get one take away that would start it and luckily it did, we saw on tape that if you get close try to knock the ball out and luckily that worked. A lot of credit goes to coach for a game plan that might not have looked solid but did the job. We as defensive unit showed we can make plays and offenses should be scared.”

• You played lights out in this game while helping your defense make the come back. What was it that helped you guys turn it around?

“I think I touched on what helped, great practices, scouting, and putting players in positions with gap fits and making sure we help serve in the second half. We had to hold them, and luckily we gave up no big plays in the second half. All of my stats from the game is a credit to the defensive coordinator and the Defensive backs coach. We would come to sideline and right away we would study and go back out. Luckily we have a great offense and it showed as well. We knew we just had to give them the ball.”

• 13 tackles 5 of which were recorded for a loss of yardage. Is this just a glimpse of what else is to come from Mr. Hall?

“I mean it's surreal first week, I mean player of the week for clemson, and player of the week in the entire league is just amazing, this is something Clemson should celebrate as well. First time getting player of the week honors for the school in their first year is awesome and there is definitely more to come. I was looked over recruiting wise, and those student athletes who are looked over are the ones you should worry about and be scared to face. I want to strike fear in every opponent. Make them think twice about coming over the middle. Sean Taylor is my ideal and so watching him growing up, I hope I can model my game after him.”

• In closing what would you like to see you defense do better with next week and the weeks to come as this season gets underway?

“I mean the defense just needs to stay on track, we had a tough opponent, we know moon is good an all but i think we showed something. We have a great coaching staff and I will run through a wall coach nick and all the coaches in that locker room. The locker room is upbeat and some may not like that, but we are here to stay. I generally feel something special in that locker room, but we gotta take it one day at a time. Cannot overlook any one or we will lose out on our dreams.”

Thank you Mr. Hall

So long folks, until next time I’m…

qDpUPraFeaag3cTOWnsjTMf8DS5GGfTo6v39yStRWmQPC6truEz1ytrT1ga5prz6BnO_GqNc4ZNHYE8Pwh_zKVmhvHJIlAFfeuP00rwLRlirO-s-HFn56u9b1Raa_TU88UyXt9f-

Daniel Greco

CFSL Clemson Tigers sports reporter