**SUSPENSION** Denver Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
The league was given a notice of infractions on the Denver Broncos today by a member of our leadership team. After review by both myself and another member of the leadership team, we have found the broncos in violation of the following rules:
  • Failure to run out the clock at the end of a game when it is possible - The Broncos appeared to make an attempt to run plays with the intent of scoring within the last minute of a game vs the CPU when 2-3 knees would have ended the game in victory.
  • Overuse of toss plays - The Broncos ran seven toss plays including two in three plays on their final drive when they could have kneeled. As we have mentioned in various other communications, two (2) toss plays is typically the most we should see in games as not to exploit a flawed game mechanic.
  • Bouncing inside runs outside - As mentioned previously, runs should typically follow the lanes they are designed to go to. Occasionally, you may get bottled up or need to bounce a run a hole over from where it is designed. However, we should not be deliberately swinging outside of a bottled up run D to exploit an obvious flaw in the game.
  • Overuse of slants, drags and crosses - Nine of the 15 pass completions in this game were slants, drags or crosses. As stated in the league guidelines, users are allowed ~4-6 of these in 30 completions. There is room for variance as every game is different. However, nine would be high on 30 completions. Far too extreme for 15.
The sanctions levied by the league (pack1797 and myself) are as follows:
  • Owner Alex Imperfect suspended four (4) games - The Broncos will be placed on auto prior to advance and Alex will have no control of his team for the next four games.
  • QB Matt Barley suspended four (4) games - Barkley is suspended for the same four games that Alex is suspended (the next four on the schedule).
  • HB Adric Austin suspended for the remainder of the season including playoffs.
This is the most severe penalty we have ever levied against a user in this league. Part of these sanctions are due to previous sanctions having been placed on the Broncos. However, we also need to ensure that all users understand what we are trying to achieve. We all need to hold ourselves to the highest standard of sim, whether playing a user or CPU. We do realize that user have bad days and one-off, lapse in judgement games. We have seen that before with myself and Matt as well. We just need to ensure those games are very, very rare. I truly believe that was the case with Alex, a simple lapse in judgement for a game, and fully expect him to rebound and continue to be a leader here within the league and our community.

As always, if you have any questions, comments or concerns, please direct them to Matt (pack1797), Chris (BigTexas18) or myself.

dspbuckle, Luis3250, BigTexas18, Gubber227, Blackhawk375, georgiafan, pack1797, Glen Cieske, Imperfect611, rkjones217, oBUCKNUTo, Paytonno1son, Tigers20, zbenjamin85, Studley021, Jukemwr21, blahblahyea7

Status
Not open for further replies.