Star Wars: Battlefront

Blackhawk375

Starter
I was really excited for this game, but then I started talking to people that had played it early and their comments were not favorable. The metacritic reviews are also mediocre. I tend to pay more attention to the user reviews than the critics and it's a 50/50 split between positive and negative. I would think the Star Wars fandom would give it enough to boost that more on the positive and the fact that it doesn't is why I still haven't pulled the trigger on picking it up. I'll probably rent it and then make my final judgement on a purchase. I'd love to hear you guys honest evaluations that have been playing.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
The more you play it the more likely you will find flaws. So that's a possibility. I haven't tried the offline mode or many of the online modes (there are a lot of them). But the squadron fighting is a blast! The FPS stuff can be a little quirky coming from COD where you have tiny buckets and silenced weapons. Especially when these futuristic laser blasters don't seem to do any more damage than an old fashioned bullet (maybe less). But I think it's pretty cool overall in the few hours I've played. Playing as Han Solo, Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader is pretty cool too.

OzoneAz

Contributor
I was really excited for this game, but then I started talking to people that had played it early and their comments were not favorable. The metacritic reviews are also mediocre. I tend to pay more attention to the user reviews than the critics and it's a 50/50 split between positive and negative. I would think the Star Wars fandom would give it enough to boost that more on the positive and the fact that it doesn't is why I still haven't pulled the trigger on picking it up. I'll probably rent it and then make my final judgement on a purchase. I'd love to hear you guys honest evaluations that have been playing.

Honestly I am not a shooter game guy nor Star Wars fan, but after trying the demo I knew I was going to enjoy it and commited to buying it (plus my son was all over me to get).

What sold me was that it is fairly easy for anyone to pickup and play and there is NO pay to boost up features (guns, perks, etc).

I thnk most of the negative reviews stem from not having a true offline story mode. Personally there are two things I don't like. The first is that there are no class system (engineer, assault, medic, etc), and the second is that you cannot team up with people on your team unless they are on your friends list.

If anyone on PX1 wants to team up hit me up.