Star Wars Battlefront impressions

mycaddy

Starter
I am curious after looking at Star Wars Battlefront on twitch what are peoples impressions. I meanit is one thing to see the trailors that have been coming out but now that we can see actually gameplay footage from players and not edited videos released from developers...

mycaddy

Starter
I will say I am not a big first person shooter. But I like the Star Wars brand and I will probably get the game on that alone... smart of them to do that after trying to compete with COD which from what I hear from ppl that play 1st person shooters was better than COD but COD consistently had more sells so this idea was brillant

mycaddy

Starter
It is but if you go on twitch you can see people playing in beta there are lots of broadcast of it right now.

woodsmall12

All-Star
At the moment u can't find it on ps4 store ... Go to ps app and search battlefront beta ... Add to cart ... Purchase for $0 ... Then download

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'll probably get on at some point tonight. Still winding down from the live play-by-play game lol

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I played s little last night. The graphics are amazing. Being a beta it's kinda limited. I want to see some Darth Vader and Boba Fett and Han Solo. Otherwise it's pretty cool. Have to see the full version to make a real determination.

Ron_Codpiece

Starter
Theyve made good use of the license but the gameplay seems so shallow and limited. Really seems casual friendly.

And some of the design on the Battle of Hoth map were ridiculous for the rebels. Spawning them far back in a base made no sense. Allowing empire peeps to run past the objective and get into the rebel turrets is equally questionable. I mean, if I am a rebel, I can't hop into an AT-AT, so why should empire scum be able to hop inside one of my turrets?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I haven't played it enough to know exactly what you are speaking of, but I would think if it is just a turret anyone could have access to that. Always been like that on shooters. Vehicles are equally open too but could make sense not to use the other teams stuff.

woodsmall12

All-Star

Goodness this game looks unbelievable and hits on all the big characters ... now I gotta decide between Madden and Star Wars! Decisions Decisions