Slider Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyShred612

Contributor
I'm going on record to say I liked the sliders week one over week two. Both games were fun, yet challenging. I found the Browns a little bit tougher to beat than the Pats thanks to the slider change, which we all know is unrealistic. That's my two cents.
With ya.

It's possible Cutler was unreasonably affected by rain in my game, but if that's consistently how it's gonna be, Forte's gonna get a lot of work.

motel08

Contributor
I'm going on record to say I liked the sliders week one over week two. Both games were fun, yet challenging. I found the Browns a little bit tougher to beat than the Pats thanks to the slider change, which we all know is unrealistic. That's my two cents.
It wouldn't be that way if those sliders were there week 1.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I was worried about the sliders when posted but figured you guys could give them a try. In my experience, too much deviation from the default causes weird stuff, especially in online CFMs. On the flip side, it usually takes a week or two for the effects of the sliders to be realized.

My suggestion, based on the feedback above, would be to go back to default All-Pro sliders and then gradually adjust from there. Leave them at default for 2 weeks and see where you guys are, then adjust in small increments. If those sliders are too easy for someone or they prefer a different style, then this might not be the right league for them. We have to go with the majority and the majority seems consistent with what I have seen work the best in the past.

Ben

Contributor
Increase the fatigue slider to 70 or more and lower the QB pass accuracy (to whatever the majority consensus is.

motel08

Contributor
The problem with just lowering the QB accuracy is that there is too many sacks. To make sliders you have to find the right balance which takes hours. You can't just say change this and that.

For me I say use Smitty's or MrHurricane's sliders OR just keep them at the default.

alpaca16, Did MrHurricane change the penalty sliders? Because those affect the gameplay too and not the penalties. Penalty sliders are like advanced gameplay sliders.

Ben

Contributor
You're right. The only thing i care to be changed is the fatigue slider. That way players will get tired and backups will be forced to come in at key positions so stats arent inflated.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
The problem with just lowering the QB accuracy is that there is too many sacks. To make sliders you have to find the right balance which takes hours. You can't just say change this and that.

For me I say use Smitty's or MrHurricane's sliders OR just keep them at the default.

alpaca16, Did MrHurricane change the penalty sliders? Because those affect the gameplay too and not the penalties. Penalty sliders are like advanced gameplay sliders.

Not entirely true. You can slowly make adjustments (like a tick or two in one or two categories every couple of weeks). I've used that method for years.

Also, the penalty slider affecting gameplay has been disputed. There is both evidence for and against. I have have seen changes in penalties by changing some and have seen no changes (gameplay or otherwise) on others.

As I mentiomed, adjusting sliders incrementally has worked for us before and is how slider makers find theirs. By the end of Year 1 you usually have a good set that doesn't need many more tweaks.

motel08

Contributor
Not entirely true. You can slowly make adjustments (like a tick or two in one or two categories every couple of weeks). I've used that method for years.

Also, the penalty slider affecting gameplay has been disputed. There is both evidence for and against. I have have seen changes in penalties by changing some and have seen no changes (gameplay or otherwise) on others.

As I mentiomed, adjusting sliders incrementally has worked for us before and is how slider makers find theirs. By the end of Year 1 you usually have a good set that doesn't need many more tweaks.
I was going to say something like slowly making adjustments by using a base slider set, but the only problem is that people hate it when the QB accuracy is down where it is in about 95% of the sliders out there.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I was going to say something like slowly making adjustments by using a base slider set, but the only problem is that people hate it when the QB accuracy is down where it is in about 95% of the sliders out there.

I'm saying make adjustments from default or where ever you guys are at now. Eventually you'll get to a place that works without a wholesale change all at one time which throws everyone off like the last one did.

alpaca16

Contributor
alpaca16, Did MrHurricane change the penalty sliders? Because those affect the gameplay too and not the penalties. Penalty sliders are like advanced gameplay sliders.[/quote]

I know that lower Qb accuracy will cause more sacks and have other consequences (which is why I suggested Better pass blocking) but I am no slider expert and like to leave this up to the "pros".
Mr. Hurriicane doesn't mess with the penalty sliders as he feels the games get more unrealistic that way

Last edited:

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I think it's a placebo effect on some. Intentionally grounding is suppose to increase or decrease sacks. Kick interference > kick coverage, etc. Again, I've seen evidence both ways. I would rely just on those. Its hard to get penalties reasonable accurate anyway. I would just gradually work the gameplay sliders to get them where "most" feel they provide the best gameplay experience.

So far I'm leaning towards lowering QB accuracy a few pegs and seeing how that works.

The Fatigue slider is one I don't really know much about, so I'll need more info from you guys on it and a clear consensus on how many of us want to change it.

alpaca16

Contributor
So far I'm leaning towards lowering QB accuracy a few pegs and seeing how that works.

The Fatigue slider is one I don't really know much about, so I'll need more info from you guys on it and a clear consensus on how many of us want to change it.

Since the quarters are already shortened (from an actual NFL game) I think the amount of plays we are getting as well as the balance of stats is pretty good. I don't think we need to lower fatigue, as then there would be more subs and the starters would not put up realistic numbers. In doing this, we must be mindful not to abuse certain starting players.

Status
Not open for further replies.