Season 5 Playoff Preview

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Bills

The Bills have been one the NFL best teams for the past 5 years and they have a talented roster. They have dominated the AFC east which has historically been one of the weakest in the NFL. They had a ownership change mid season and it looked like finally someone else was going to win the east. The Jets stumbled down the stretch and the bills still ended up with 11 wins despite loosing the last 2 games.

Off PPG =
5th - 28.3
Total Yards = 1st - 361.9
Pass Yards - 6th - 228.2
Rush Yards = 4th - 133.7

Def PPG = 15th - 21.7
Total Yards = 20th - 331.9
Rush Yards = 29th - 227.0
Pass Yards = 16th - 104.9
* stats using DL

Best Win this year -
Week 3 vs Browns

Worst loss this year - Week 16 vs Bills 45-21 it cost them a chance to get a 1st round bye

Offense MVP - Matt Benson 97.1 QB rating, 3,675 yards, 29 TD, 11 Int.

Defense MVP - Ryan Shazier

Most Under rated player on Offense - TE Charles Clay

Most Under rated player on defense - CB Shamir Motes

Strength of your Offense - Passing game with Benson and Watkins

Strength of your Defense - Defense Line

Area of concern on Offense - Offense Line

Area of concern on Defense - Saftey

What player is your X factor
- Matt Benson

This must happen for my team to win the superbowl? - The CPU must go straight cheese mood in 4 straight games

This can not happen for my team to win the superbowl ? - Sammy Watkins has a bad game

Anonymous Quotes

The biggest story in the NFL this year nobody is talking about is how LeSean McCoy ended up with 1,400 yards despite mid 80's speed and acceleration. He still has agility but I never thought he would have this kind of year at age 31.

This team with the ownership change has no chance to win the AFC. They might if everything falls the right way be able to upset Pitt but that's about it. There window of winning a superbowl has closed.

Matt Benson came in and made people forget about Tyrod Taylor. He is talented kid don't get me wrong but he is just a product of the system. I mean Tyrod Taylor won the league MVP for crying out loud. I think I could throw passes to Sammy Watkins and look good.

Luis3250 dspbuckle BigTexas18 Gubber227 Blackhawk375 pack1797 Imperfect611 Glen Cieske oBUCKNUTo majesty95 rkjones217 Studley021 Jukemwr21 Paytonno1son Tigers20 blahblahyea7 Burns TheNatural JerseyBorn

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Seahawks

They have had a lot of ups and downs over the year from winning the superbowl to a few different owners. They have yet to play week 17 but have clinched the west with the Cardinals losing earlier today. There defense is still top notch, but in the end they don't have the playmakers at HB and WR to make a deep playoff run.

Off PPG = 14th - 23.1
Total Yards = 10th - 322.5
Pass Yards - 20th - 201.8
Rush Yards = 9th - 120.7

Def PPG = 4th - 17.7
Total Yards = 14th - 310.4
Rush Yards = 18th - 210.7
Pass Yards = 13th - 99.7
* stats using DL

Best Win this year -
Week 3 vs Rams helped give them a big lead in the division won 16-10

Worst loss this year - Week 10 vs Packers lost 20-3

Offense MVP - WR Tyrone Greer 68 catches for 941 yards and 6 TD

Defense MVP - Kam Chancellor

Most Under rated player on Offense - WR Tyrone Greer

Most Under rated player on defense - Mario Galvin (93 ovr - 25)

Strength of your Offense - Russell Wilson

Strength of your Defense - Entire front 7

Area of concern on Offense - Playmakers on offense

Area of concern on Defense - Richard Shermans 84 speed

- Russell Wilson

This must happen for my team to win the superbowl? - Defense must step up and win low scoring games

This can not happen for my team to win the superbowl ? - Give up big plays on defense

Anonymous Quotes

The defense is legit and still after all these years still one of the most feared in the NFL. When you play them you gotta come ready to play are they will lock you down.

They have nobody on offense and they cant win the superbowl with that unit. From OL to WR to HB's they just don't have any top level talent. To make things worse the HB Bernard is out for the year. Jimmy Graham is starting to slip also

The WR Greer had a breakout year but he is to small to be #1 WR and at 5'8 his 88 speed makes him a better fit for the slot. The fact that he is the #1 shows you how horrible they are at WR.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Redskins

The Redskins are in the playoffs for the first time and they made big strides this year. They are getting more production on offense this year from people like Lucas and Archer to go along with better QB play. Its always good to see a nice owner and his hard work pay off with a playoff appearance and that is the case here. Will the redskins be able to handle the pressure and the bright lights of the big stage?

Off PPG = 7th - 23.1
Total Yards = 15th - 317.9
Pass Yards - 15th - 209.8
Rush Yards = 13th - 108.1

Def PPG = 13th - 21.1
Total Yards = 10th - 284.1
Rush Yards = 1st- 60.9 25th
Pass Yards = 25th - 223.2
* stats using DL

Best Win this year - The Jets, because it showed how we could over come adversity when one of your key players becomes injured.

Worst loss this year - First Eagles game - they really exposed us. Though, I think they helped us raise our game a lot.

Offense MVP - Dontre Lucas

Defense MVP - Derrick Harvey

Most Under rated player on Offense - Dri Archer

Most Under rated player on defense - Brandon Carr

Strength of your Offense - Speed

Strength of your Defense - Run defense. We're #1. Enough said.

Area of concern on Offense -
Pass protection. Who ever is under center, they don't have much time.

Area of concern on Defense - Don't really have too much concern. Our man defense can be suspect at times.

- Dri Archer. The little guy can change the direction of a game in an instant.

This must happen for my team to win the superbowl? - Dontre Lucas needs to catch fire early and often.

This can not happen for my team to win the superbowl? - Turnovers. We cleaned them up this season but we have young guys out there, especially at QB. Its a big stage they are going to play on.

Anonymous Quotes
There rush defense stats are a bit misleading as it was more scheme then talent that lead to the great rush defense. They blitzed more then most teams when you get into the playoffs vs smart passing teams like Panthers, Eagles and Bears I don't think that strategy will work. They are going to have to play more bend but don't break defense. You better watch out because Sheard can get to the QB.

I don't know what they heck they are doing at QB I assume the rookie will start at QB over Johnny. He played well for them this year at first and it helped get them off to a fast start. To me the rookie should have been starting from day 1 and all the practice reps should have gone to him.

The WR Lucas has a monster year with 15 TD's you gotta be careful to keep a safety over the top or he will beat you deep. He is one of the fastest WR's in the NFL. If he and his 96 speed is matched up with 84 speed richard Sherman he should have at least 100 yards and 1 TD. Look out for the TE and over the middle stuff on 3rd down.

Last edited:

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Steelers

The Steelers have been up and down over the past 5 years and with a new owner he has turned them around. There defense on paper is one of the best in NFL history. This is likely Big Ben's final year at age 37 and he has one more chance to win a superbowl. The steelers had one of the easiest schedules in league history only playing 1 game vs user playoff team all year (not counting sim). So its going to be fun to see how the defense holds up vs user teams in the playoffs

Off PPG = 7th - 23.1
Total Yards = 15th - 317.9
Pass Yards - 15th - 209.8
Rush Yards = 13th - 108.1

Def PPG = 1st - 11.8
Total Yards = 1st - 221.8
Rush Yards = 1st - 139.7
Pass Yards = 6th- 82.1
* stats using DL

Best Win this year - win over buffalo 45-21

Worst loss this year - Arizona 38-37

Offense MVP - Leveon Bell

Defense MVP - Desmond Southward

Most Under rated player on Offense - WR OJ Farmer

Most Under rated player on defense - DT Braxton Ellington

Strength of your Offense
- Receiving Core

Strength of your Defense - Front 7

Area of concern on Offense - Offensive line

Area of concern on Defense - Safetys

- Leveon Bell

This must happen for my team to win the superbowl? - Must be able to establish the run

This can not happen for my team to win the superbowl ? - Turnovers

Anonymous Quotes
The new coach/owner has worked some magic and somehow made this defense the best in the NFL. Because they are a lot of holes on this defense. They overall ratings for both starting OLB are 66 and 62and the MLB are average to below average. They will draw a favorable 1st round matchup vs the Bills in round 1 so we will not know if this defense is legit till round 2.

I thought they was a flash in the plan but the win they had vs the chargers really opened my eyes because everyone knows that team is legit. If they can beat the chargers that easily then they can beat anyone in the league.

He got handed a raw deal by the previous owner who paid a HB 4 year 100 million with a 20 million $ bonus. Bell is having a great year though with over 1,000 yards and 14 TD. If you want to beat this them stop the run and short to medium passing game. He doesn't like to throw deep also double Brown.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Panthers

Despite the first year as a owner with this team big things was expected as the team and owner was use to being in the playoffs and the big stage. It was a up and down year for the Panthers but overall they had a good year and nobody would be surprised if this team won the NFC.

Off PPG = 6th - 23.1
Total Yards = 11th - 321.5
Pass Yards - 23rd - 185.7
Rush Yards = 3rd - 135.8

Def PPG = 5th - 18.4
Total Yards = 6th - 259.1
Rush Yards = 5th - 175.1
Pass Yards = 7th- 83.9
* stats using DL

Best Win this year -41-14 over the Redskins. We were clicking on all cylinders that game and truly felt like the best offense in the league.

Worst loss this year -
23-20 loss to the Bucs. First time playing my old team and they showed up to play. I built them well even without Winston and Kwon Alexander.

Offense MVP -
Cam Newton

Defense MVP -
DeSean Rucker

Most Underrated player on Offense -
LaMar Miller

Most Under rated player on defense -
A.J. Klein

Strength of your Offense -Strong run that lean on the passing attack when it needs too.

Strength of your Defense -
Secondary Ranked 5th in yards allowed

Area of concern on Offense - Consistency

Area of concern on Defense -
Run Defense it can be hit and miss.

-Ricardo Lockett he has the ability to take any punt to the house.

This must happen for my team to win the superbowl? -
Can't get bottled up in the playoffs have to continue to be unpredictable and strike when opportunity arises

This can not happen for my team to win the superbowl ? - can't allow teams to run on us or get into open territory.

Anonymous Quotes
Cam is having a great year and he is protecting the football and that's the most important stat in any football game. He has a running game and then plenty of options at WR and TE so there is lot to like about this offense. Melvin Gordan has been huge for them this year.

We aren't sure who they will face in the first round and they still have a chance to get a 1st round bye. In the end I just don't know if they can put it all together and make a super bowl run. I mean they have the talent but I don't see them getting past the Bears and Eagles.

You just never what team is going to show up one week they will look like the best team in the NFL and then the next week they will lose a game they should easily win. If they can figure that out they can go a long way.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Titans

The titans under this ownership has now made the playoffs in 4 of 5 years and won the south in 3 of those years. They are a throwback team and the only team in the NFL that averaged more rushing yards then passing yards. While the rushing stats are great the passing game has been one of the leagues worst in recent years. Rookie QB Garret Gilbert has improved the passing game and lead the NFL in passer rater. Despite the success and playoff appearances they have never won a playoff game. Historically the team has chocked and haven't been able to handle the pressure of the big stage. This is something that was also seen in week 17 when the titans could have earned a 1st round bye.

Off PPG = 4th - 28.6
Total Yards = 4th - 350.5
Pass Yards - 29th - 167.1
Rush Yards = 1st - 183.2

Def PPG = 2nd - 15.7
Total Yards = 3rd - 237.6
Pass Yards = 4th- 166.0
Rush Yards = 4th - 71.6
* stats using DL

Best Win this year - Week 5 35-29 vs Jaguars. This is a team that has played me more then anyone in the league and knows my play style. I was coming off a loss to the Panthers and in the middle of the toughest stretch of games I have had in 5 years. I know I can win low scoring games, but this one I was able to win in a shootout. It was my QB's coming out party with 4 TD's and 0 Interceptions

Worst loss this year -
Jags week 8 33-21 the only game all year where I wasn't really in the game Iearned a valuable lesson on when and when not to play my game

Offense MVP -
HB Darrell Jordan

Defense MVP -
LB Mike Lindsay

Most Underrated player on Offense -
FB Ryan Hewitt

DT Daryll Crawford

Strength of your Offense -Unless you have been living under a rock you know its my OL where close to all 5 guys have 99 run blocking

DT Jurrell Casey and Daryll Crawford both are playmakers at DT and can also stop the run

WRs outside of Kennan Allen

A 3 man platoon at LE

- Rookie QB Garret Gilbert

This must happen for my team to win the superbowl? -
Pass the ball enough to keep the defense honest

This can not happen for my team to win the superbowl ? - go 3 and out on offense and turn the ball over

Anonymous Quotes
For the first time they have a lot of flashy stats, but I still just don't trust the team to make a deep playoff run. They have yet to prove with the game on the line they can be calm and not shoot themselves in the foot.

Jordan and the OL they have is just not fair and the scary thing that they are all still improving. They don't do anything fancy they just line up and hit you in the mouth with the inside run. Getting Allen was a smart move and the TE they have might be the best in the NFL.

They are mixing up the plays a little better this year with the game on the line they still don't want to pass the ball. If you can force them to 3rd and long then you can beat them. The rookie QB has played great and all just with the game on the line I don't see him being able to get the job done. Pinch your DL on early downs and try and take away the inside run.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Chargers

For 5 years now when you play the Chargers you know you are going to have to bring your A game if your going to beat them. They have one of the most respected owner/coaches in the NFL who is a smart veteran and knows his X and O's. They have been in the toughest division in the NFL so that's hurt his playoff seeding over the years. It will come as shock that he hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years (I think). For that to happen he will need his offense to step up and take some pressure off the defense.

Off PPG = 24th - 28.6
Total Yards = 28th - 289.6
Pass Yards - 29th - 171.9
Rush Yards = 9th - 117.6

Def PPG = 7th- 19.4
Total Yards = 2nd - 241.1
Pass Yards = 2nd - 151.8
Rush Yards = 9th - 89.3
* stats using DL

Best Win this year - Bears

Worst loss this year - CPU Chiefs

Offense MVP - Jordan Matthews

Defense MVP - Corey Liuget

Most Under rated player on Offense - Blake Jose

Most Under rated player on defense - Avery Arnold

Strength of your Offense - Deep Ball

Strength of your Defense - Tackling

Area of concern on Offense - Turnovers

Area of concern on Defense - Playing the ball in the air

What player is your X factor - The offensive line, our success hinges on their play

This must happen for my team to win the superbowl? - No Tournovers

This can not happen for my team to win the superbowl ? Aerion Hunter cannot throw more picks then TDs.

Anonymous Quotes
He made a some moves this past offseason that raised some eyebrows and letting Melvin Gordan go and trading away Kennan Allen. They haven't really missed Gordan as Frazier has steeped up with over 1,000 yards and 9 TD. I am not sure what happened to the QB this year. He has had a bad year more interceptions then TD and less then 3,000 yards.

They have some real speed at WR with the two young guys (hall and Jose) so you better get a safety over the top or they will beat you deep. I didn't know how Matthews would do as a #1 WR. I was ready to call it a bad move. Its hard not to be impressed with the way he played vs Julius Scott week 17. So I guess we will have to let it play out over the playoffs.

They throw a lot of things at you on defense with playing both 34 and 43 so you never really know what to expect. He mixes and matches his personal better then anyone in the league. You better double team Luiget he is a force.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Packers

The packers are a team that had to rebuild and last year finished with 9 wins yet still missed out on the playoffs. They are a much improved team and finally are in the playoffs. They have proved they can beat the heavyweights of the NFL. There defense has played good this year and keep them in about every game. They key will be if they can be consistent on offense.

Off PPG = 18th - 28.6
Total Yards = 23rd - 297.5
Pass Yards - 14th - 213.6
Rush Yards = 27th - 83.9

Def PPG = 11th- 20.4
Total Yards = 5th- 259.8
Pass Yards = 7th - 183.1
Rush Yards = 5th - 76.7
* stats using DL

Best Win this year - Chargers 28-26 - Chargers came to play and crawled back into this game after trailing 21-3. They came back make it close 28-26 win for the packers. Now we set our eyes to the playoffs

Worst loss this year - Vikings 38-14 The vikes came out on a mission in this week's game it def took our team down a notch and made making the playoffs tougher than it needed to be

Offense MVP - Joey Leonard

Defense MVP - Tramon Jordan

Most Under rated player on Offense - Tyrone Duncan

Most Under rated player on defense - Kevin Pierre Louis

Strength of your Offense - Passing Game

Strength of your Defense - Secondary

Area of concern on Offense - Rushing Attack

Area of concern on Defense - Big Plays

- Tramon Jordan

This must happen for my team to win the Super Bowl? Win the Turnover and Territory Battle

This can not happen for my team to win the Super Bowl?
Offense cannot stall, we have to keep the chains moving so we can setup our defense to continuously put our offense in a position to win.

Anonymous Quotes
If they are going to win the superbowl it will have to be because defense and the passing game. They are trying to run the ball and they are just not very good at it. Briggs doesn't have a elite trait, Lacy is to slow and Perry is a 3rd down back. They will run and keep you honest they just cant seem to get more then 4 yards a carry.

They have some real talent on defense if I had to start my team with one player on defense it would CB Julius Scott. He has struggled with interceptions early in his career and saw the light toward the end of the year. He ended up with 5 this year I think he is a smarter player now then he was week 1. I also love the rookie MLB he is one of the best in the game.

This team will go as far as Joey Leonard will take them. He has games like he did vs Chargers where he spread the ball around and didn't force anything. Then he has some where he trust his arm to much and throws interceptions. He is the x factor he has to move the ball and don't forget about the check down passes.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Eagles

This will be there first time in the playoffs in 5 years for the Eagles. The new coach/owner is regarded as the best defensive mind in the league and if you look a the stats below you will see that he immediately worked his magic. Its looking like they will get a favorable week 2 matchup vs the seahawks. They will have to over come lack of talent on the roster because they don't have the same elite players team like the Bears and Browns do.

Off PPG =
18th - 24.1
Total Yards = 15th - 316.6
Pass Yards - 11th - 216.8
Rush Yards = 20th - 99.8

Def PPG = 2nd- 16.4
Total Yards = 8th- 267.6
Pass Yards = 10th - 195.1
Rush Yards = 3rd - 72.5
* stats using DL

Best Win this year - last week vs Redskins. We trailed most of the game and were down 2 scores for most of it. But we came from behind and found a way to win in overtime.

Worst loss this year - Detroit

Offense MVP - Jaron Hanna, WR Hanna really emerged this year as a #1 receiver. He technically was #2 to Golden Tate but he put up #1 numbers with 1,000 yards and 10 TD.

Defense MVP -
Mychal Kendrics, MLB That guy is a beast. He had over 100 tackles, 4 sacks and 4 INT. He's a game changer

Most Under rated player on Offense - Jaron Hanna. He doesn't get the credit he deserves but will after this season.

Most Under rated player on defense - Tramaine Brock, CB He's a Wiley veteran at 31. Most people overlooked him as he was available when we took over Week 2. Tied for the team lead in INT and made several big plays.

Strength of your Offense - Offensive Line There are two potential Pro Bowlers and three solid starters in that group. Very good all around unit.

Strength of your Defense - Linebackers. Kendricks sets the tone in the middle along with Kiko Alonzo while Jerron Knight and Conor Barwin get after the passer on the outside.

Daniel Adams, QB He has games where he looks very good and then games where he looks like a rookie. The chance that one of those rookie games shows up in the playoffs is a concern.

Area of concern on Defense - Secondary. It's no secret that our DBs are older and lack some of the athletic ability of other units. They've been pretty solid all year but if there is a unit that may get us in trouble, it's this one.

What player is your X factor - Duke Johnson, HB He proved worthy of the starting job averaging over 5.0 YPC. He has just enough speed and agility to make teams nervous. He also finds holes very well.

This must happen for my team to win the superbowl? - Win the turnover battle

This can not happen for my team to win the superbowl ? - Lose Daniel Adams. As much as he makes us nervous, he also gives us our best chance to win. Relying on Aaron Murray and Tim Tebow to win a Super Bowl isn't really what we want to try and do.

Anonymous Quotes
They have a few quality guys on defense like Kendricks and Cox just overall the don't have elite talent. Its more the scheme and play calling that makes there defense one of the best in the NFL. They are very weak at DB and with the WR heavy teams like the Bears and Panthers. I just don't see how they can hold up if those teams spread them out.

The move to bench Murray and go with Duke at HB was the right move and it has improved the running game. Hillman a midseason signing has also been solid. Duke is best suited as part of a committee of backs but he is by far the best option they have.

Daniel Adams is going to be the key to them wining the super bowl. He has been hit or miss over his career and went under the radar for the most part despite being a former 1st round pick with superstar potential. At some point they are going to need him to score 28+ points in the playoffs. There is no doubt he has the talent to do it.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Browns

The Browns have only loss 2 games in the past 2 years and both of those had controversy surrounding them so they are no doubt the team to beat. They have one of the most well liked coaches/owners in the NFL so alot of people will be cheering them on when they play. They are looking to win back to back super bowls and are lead by one of the best rosters in the NFL. There schedule this year was super soft so you have to worry about them being rusty once they face a user team for the first time since week 1.

Off PPG =
1st - 29.2
Total Yards = 2nd - 355.9
Pass Yards - 16th - 208.9
Rush Yards = 2nd - 151.9

Def PPG = 5th- 18.6
Total Yards = 7th- 266.9
Pass Yards = 16th - 204.8
Rush Yards = 1st - 62.1
* stats using DL

Best Win this year - Week 15 41-10 win vs the divisional rival Baltimore Ravens. Hundley was 80% 2 TD and 143 yards

Worst loss this year -
The only loss... The controversial loss to the Buffalo Bills

Offense MVP -
2019 NFL MVP QB Brett Hundley

Defense MVP -
MLB Denzel Perryman

Most Under rated player on Offense -
Rookie HB Azaveus Brandon

CB Serderious Mack

Strength of your Offense
- Quick, Explosive, High Scoring Offense. Team really clicks when on the field together

Very big, physical, fast front 7

None.

Pass Defense

- QB Brett Hundley

This must happen for my team to win the superbowl? - We continue to stick to our same gameplan we've had the last 2 years which has given us back to back 15 win seasons.

This can not happen for my team to win the superbowl ? - We cannot get torched through the air like we have been all year.

Anonymous Quotes
I don't see them wining the super bowl this year because they just wasn't battle tested during the season, When you play that easy of the schedule even when you try not to you are going to develop some bad habits. The best thing they can hope for is a close game early to get some of the bugs knocked out.

They did a excellent job this year of mixing up there HB's and keeping a fresh guy in the game, CJ's stats was down bc of the old lions HB and the rookie stole some carries. It will be interesting to see if they keep up the rotation or give CJ most of the carries in the playoffs. With the OL they have it doesn't really matter who is the HB.

I know some people say the DB are the weak area to this team. I don't see that being a huge issue as the 3 other teams in the AFC aren't big passing teams. They gave up a lot of yards because they had big leads so teams was forced to throw. I guess I would still have to test them out to see as it might be your best shot to move the ball.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Bears

For the last several years the Bears have been the team to beat in the NFC. Like the chargers they have a smart veteran coach who has seen everything. Everyone knows your DB be ready to play when they come to Chicago because they feature the most feared passing attack in the NFL. This year though they have struggled against other top teams losing to the Packers, Eagles, Redskins and Chargers.

Off PPG =
9th - 29.2
Total Yards = 17th - 310.0
Pass Yards - 4th - 235.4
Rush Yards = 31st - 74.6

Def PPG = 9th- 18.6
Total Yards = 4th- 250.8
Pass Yards = 3rd - 163.9
Rush Yards = 6th - 83.9
* stats using DL

Best Win this year - Week 2, Packers. Needed it to win the division.

Worst loss this year - Week 6, Eagles, 6-3. Offense sputtering, trying to keep pace with the Packers.

Offense MVP - Kevin White, 83 catches, 1403 yds, 12 TDs

Defense MVP - Darqueze Dennard, 5 INTs

Most Under rated player on Offense - WR Cody Latimer, makes clutch catches when needed

Most Under rated player on defense - FS Brock Vereen, 1st year starting, 4 INTs w/ 41 tackles

Strength of your Offense - Air Attack, Jeter + White, Jefferies, Bryant

Strength of your Defense - Corners, Dansby, Dennard and Gary

Area of concern on Offense - Interceptions. Jeter needs to be more cautious

Area of concern on Defense - Front 7, 2nd quarter. Need to hold the running game down

What player is your X factor - Jeter. This team goes how Jeter goes. If he's bad, they look bad.

This must happen for my team to win the superbowl? - Langford must run the ball effectively so that we are not one dimensional.

This can not happen for my team to win the superbowl ? - Turnovers. They have killed us all season.

Anonymous Quotes
They have one of the worst rushing attacks in the game and the new kid was even worse then Langford. He was under 4 yards a carry and its just hard to win being one dimensional in the playoffs. In the playoffs you gotta be able to run a 4 minute offense to end the game. I don't think they can do that.

The passing attack with White, Jeffery and Bryant should be illegal and don't forget about the 4th guy and even the TE. If you have a weak spot in your secondary they will find it and take advantage of it.

The defense will be the key to this team as they will score points even if they don't have a balanced attack. Teams are going to try and play keep away from them and keep there explosive offense off the field. The defense will have to step up and force a few 3 and outs per game.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Broncos
Denver is a team that has improved over each of the 3 years under the new owner. They have proven they can beat the heavyweights in the league with wins over teams like Chargers, Jags, Titans and Packers. They success of Matt Barkley who is filling in for star QB Eric Hill is one of the biggest stories of the year. They will also be without star HB Adric Austin who for the 2nd straight year is severing a suspension.

Off PPG =
6th - 25.8
Total Yards = 7th - 323.4
Pass Yards - 12th - 215.6
Rush Yards = 15th - 107.8

Def PPG = 10th- 18.6
Total Yards = 10th- 250.8
Pass Yards = 12th - 163.9
Rush Yards = 7th - 83.9
* stats using DL

Best Win this year - Week 11 vs the Packers we showed that we are elite not lucky with a blowout

Worst loss this year - Played 12 won 12. The suspension games really don't matter now that we have the #2 seed. Those losses all kinda hurt about the same, but now that they are in the past we have moved past them.

Offense MVP -
DT, most receptions this year in the NFL

Defense MVP -
Von Miller, he lead the team in sacks and caused 5 FF

Most Under rated player on Offense -
Larry Donnell, he seems to get ignored because he isn't a speedy guy, but he catches everything

Rayshaun Ash, A safety who only plays half the downs is top 5 in tackles and #2 in picks for the team.

Strength of your Offense
- Adaptability easily. It doesn't seem to matter what player we lose the offense still preforms.

Patience, we sit back and wait for the interception, fumble, or sack and punish teams.

Lacking a good outside run threat with the Austin ban. I think Todman can fill in well.

The interior of the front 7 can be weak against big offenses.

- Victor Cruz, the clutch king just wins jump balls all day long.

This must happen for my team to win the superbowl? - Keep playing our game honestly. There have been some scares, but as far as the staff is concerned we haven't lost since pre-season. The suspension counts against our record and that is fine, we deserved that, but with proper coaching this team can beat anyone.

This can not happen for my team to win the superbowl ? - At this point it is a mental game. We need to play smart and focus. If we get distracted by pettiness or stat-lines, it's over.

Anonymous Quotes
They just don't have the firepower on offense without the HB to beat the elite offense like the Browns and Bears. I know the team is high on Matt Barkley I just don't see it with him. He is going to have to adjust his game after serving the suspension.

The are one of the better defense teams in the leagues everyone knows about Miller and the CB's who have been there for years now. They have a lot of young DL with talent if they have a weak spot on defense its MLB. That's the easiest position to hide though.

Everyone knows Demaryus Thomas is a elite WR and despite that he quietly had a monster year. He lead the NFL with 96 catches and was over 1,200 yards. Teams are going to focus on him now and double him so its going to be others to step up. Thomas is still going get his but the other WR must step up. With the HB gone Thomas is now the focus of the defense.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Panthers Pre Game Press Conference

Cam has dominated the first 2 playoff games with 688 yards, 9 TD and 1 interception in 2 games. Whats lead to the 2 amazing games against two very good defenses in Green Bay and Chicago ?

Preperation and concentration. Cam has been working on accuracy for the last 5 weeks and it's really showing. We have a great Qb's coach that's responsible fore Jameis Winston's success. He and Cam have been thicker than thieves since Cam came back from his injury.

On paper this eagles DB are weak, but at the end of the day stats don't lie and they are one of the top ranked defense in the NFL. How do you take advantage of mismatches on paper when other teams have failed to do so?

I don't think other teams prepare like we prepare. For us (and much like the eagles) it's a match up game and we plan to move around personnel until we find what we need.

One of the matchups everyone wants to see is big play WR James Hanna going up against either Josh Norman or DeSean Rucker. Talk a little about that matchup. Does it matter to you which one he gets matched up with him?

We don't concern ourselves with one guy. We are aware of his speed, but to be honest he doesn't worry us too much. We have to play as a unit in our secondary. It's the key to our defense this year.

As a owner you got not only your first playoff win but also your 2nd. Does that take some of the pressure off going into the NFC championship game as some people didn't really expect you to be here?

It's been a long time coming for sure. The pressure remains the same no matter the atmosphere, because the only way anyone wants to go out is with a Lombardi

Give me or two guys that we aren't talking about that we need to be on the lookout for when we are watching the game?

SS Zach Russell, he's probably one of the best run support SS's in the league. TE Shredrick McFadden We call him the Shredder short because that's what he does to linebackers and safeties who try to contain him.

Last edited:

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Following up on the X factors

One thing I want to do more of us is following up on things we write about to see if they turned out to be true. So that's what I will do here

Matt Benson
Things could not have gone worse for Benson if he tried as he self destructed and only lead his team to 6 points. He was 50% on his passes with only 144 yards and 3 interceptions.
Grade = Fail

Russell Wilson
In the first game against the Redskins he played well and lead his team to a overtime win. He had 273 passing yards, 1 TD and 0 Interceptions. He also was a threat on the ground with 8 carries for 69 yards and another TD. In the next game against the eagles he wasn't as good. The Seahawks scored only 10 points and he had 2 interceptions to go along with 1 TD and 202 passing yards. The eagles used the QB spy to make sure he didn't run and he didn't even attempt a single run. When you factor in the lack of skill players to go along with a OL that just about got him killed (11 sacks in 2 games) you have to give him a passing grade
Grade = Pass

Dri Archer. The little guy can change the direction of on game in an instant.
He was held in check against the Seattle defense he wasn't terrible as he had 59 yards rushing with 1 TD. He caught 3 passes but those combined for -1 yard and it took him 16 carries to get those yards which is less then 4 a carry.
Grade = Fail

Leveon Bell
In round 1 he finished with 99 total yards and a TD with about half of those coming in the air. In round 2 vs the Browns he didn't get the job done with 10 carries for 37 yards and his one catch went for 6 yards. To be fair the browns do have a elite rush defense.
Grade = Fail

Tyler Lockett he has the ability to take any punt to the house

He has to yet to make a big play in the return game so with another game to go we will hold off a bit more and see.
Grade - To be determined

Rookie QB Garret Gilbert
The titans don't ask there QB to throw a lot and Gilbert has succeeded in his main goal in the first 2 games which is 0 interceptions. He is at 60% passing and has 3 total TD's in 2 game including one on the ground vs the Chargers which proved to be one of the biggest plays of the game
Grade = Passes so far

The offensive line, our success hinges on their play
The chargers opened up holes in the running game as Frazier had over 5 yards per carry. The 3 sacks they gave up wasn't good but overall the OL played well
Grade = Passed

Tramon Jordan
He was part of a DB that gave up over 400 yards and 4 TD and one of the craziest games we have ever seen. He finished with just 2 solo tackles.
Grade = Fail

Duke Johnson, HB He proved worthy of the starting job averaging over 5.0 YPC. He has just enough speed and agility to make teams nervous. He also finds holes very well.
His yards per carry wasn't great in the first game with only 3.25 still he got the job with 85 total yards. In a low scoring defense game he was able to handle the load of 19 touches and keep the chains moving.
Grade = Passes so far

QB Brett Hundley
Hundley's first game didn't end the way he wanted it to with 3 turnovers. He did throw for over 300 yards and at the end of the day he won and that's all that matters. We all expect him to play better next game. Its to early to give him a grade at this point.
Grade = To be determined

Jeter. This team goes how Jeter goes. If he's bad, they look bad.
He made some plays highlighted by a perfect deep ball to Kevin White for a TD. He went 14 for 25 with 255 yards and 2 TD's and 2 Interceptions. His counterpart Cam had 5 TD's and 0 interceptions so its hard to give him a passing grade. Jeter wasn't the main problem for the bears,
Grade = Fail

Victor Cruz, the clutch king just wins jump balls all day long.
Victor was held without a catch in the game against the titans. If your counting jump balls both of those (not to cruz) was intercepted.
Grade = Fail

Last edited:

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Browns Pre Game Press Conference

The team your playing the titans it sort of feels like they are playing with nothing to lose at this point. Do you feel added pressure to win the game to give your fans back to back super bowl rings something that hasn't been done much lately?

We don't feel any extra pressure. Winning the Super Bowl last year, the first since 1964, that was a pressure situation. Now we know what we are doing. We know our game plan, we know our roles. We are just going to go out there and play our game, which in the past 2 seasons has proven to be successful. Our fans trust us to bring it home, we just have to execute.

There isn't many weak areas to this team but if you had to pick one it is pass defense. Passing offense is also the weak area of the titans. So how much does that help the browns out as you start putting the game plan in for the AFC championship?

I feel if we can stop the run we will win the game. Garret Gilbert has been nothing less than impressive this year. He is a smart quarterback and uses the play action very well to compliment the best rushing attack in the NFL. The big difference is, we have been in this spot before. Gilbert is a rookie. I expect him to feel some pressure and feel uncomfortable. If we can force him to turn it over a couple of times, we will be right in line to do what we want to do.

The Browns are the #1 rush defense in the NFL and your going up against the #1 rushing offense. Would you say that is the key to the game?

This is tuning up to be the old "unstoppable force meets an immovable object". The key is going to be filling the gaps. We really want to force Jordan and Dixon to the outside, because we have a fast defensive team who can cut the corners off. If the Titans offensive line gets the initial push and the HB's are allowed to get the inside lanes it could be a long day.

Give me a player or two that nobody is talking about that we need to remember as we watch the game ?

WR Antonio Reddick. He is buried on the depth chart. His main role is KR/PR, but you will see him sneak into a few plays here and there. Last week you saw him catch and break an 80 yard pass for a TD. He was a first round draft pick 2 drafts ago, and could easily start on any other team.

HB Azaveus Brandon. Again another player that is buried in the depth chart. He is the 4th string RB, but we still find ways to utilize him. He is a guy that we took a chance on and drafted in the 5th round of this years draft. He has had a pretty decent rookie year. He finds ways to make defenders miss and has the potential to break a big play every time he touches the ball. While he isn't t a guy you will probably see in pressure situations, you should expect to see him grab a few snaps like last week.

Its well known that you and the titans owner have a good relationship with each other. Does that make this game easier or harder ?

Our relationship doesn't make this game any easier or harder. We both know we will play a solid game against each other and we know what to expect out of each other. I've got massive respect for Brandon and his Titans team, props to making it this far, but friendship will be set aside during this game. We are here for one reason, to win our second consecutive Super Bowl, and we will settle for nothing less.

Last edited:

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Brett Hundley vs Garret Gilbert

We aren't so much comparing the two QB's as its obvious Hundley as more corn in his crib then Gilbert does. Still I thought it would be fun to take a close look at both these QB's as whoever plays the best could decide who is playing for the super bowl. One thing we want to point out is that both of these QB's are team first guys. In week 17 with both QB's in the top 3 of the MVP race they both decided to not play as they didn't want to risk getting hurt. Also Hundley is asked to do much more then Gilbert is/

Size
Hundley 6'3 - 226 pounds
Gilbert 6'2 - 221 pounds

Stats
Hundley
QB rating 105.8, 3,072 yards, 26 TD, 10 interceptions, 63%, sacked 23 times & 177 rushing yards, 3 TD, 3.2 Avg.

Gilbert 122.2 QB rating, 2,665 yards, 25 TD, 10 interceptions, 69%, sacked 13 times & 291 rushing yards, 4 TD, 8.3 Avg

Ratings
You can't pay attention to the overall as Hundley's is bought down as he has a 37 awareness where Gilbert has a 65. This stat effects the overall but means nothing when controlled by a user

Arm Strength - Hundley gets the slight edge 91 to 90
Throw on the Run - Big lead for Gilbert here 83 to 71
Play action - Big lead for Hundley here 81 to 73
Short Accuracy - Big lead for Gilbert here 99 to 89
Medium Accuracy - Big lead for Gilbert here 99 to 91
Deep Accuracy - Big lead for Hundley here 82 to 73
3 speed ratings - Hundley can make plays on the ground with 85,83 and 87 but Gilbert has 91,90, and 88
Traits - Both have tight spiral and neither have clutch traits Hundley has better pressure trait

Closing - You can look at ratings and stats all you want at the end of the Hundley is still the best QB in the NFL since he is the reigning MVP. He also lead his team to the super bowl last so he has showed he can do things in the clutch when the game is on the line.

img_4081-png.1952

img_4082-png.1953

Attachments

• IMG_4081.PNG
    IMG_4081.PNG
    546.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4082.PNG
    IMG_4082.PNG
    640.6 KB · Views: 48

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Titans Pre Game Press Conference

The Browns have only lost 2 games in 2 years and both of those had controversy surrounding them. What do you have to do beat them ?

We are just going to have to play titans football which is run the ball and win the turnover battle. If we do those 2 things we know we can beat anyone in the NFL. We know this browns team is going to score points it doesn't matter what defense they are going against they showed this last game when they put up 27 on a team that had been givin up like 11 a game. We just have to play smart and don't get caught up on the big stage.

This Browns team was 2nd (by 6 yards) in total offense, 1st in points how do you slow this offense down ?

I don't really think you can slow this offense down because they can beat you in so many ways and they have so much depth. They are 2nd in the league in rushing and then also have the MVP at QB. They have playmakers at WR/TE and unbelievable OL. All you can really do is hope you get lucky with a few key turnovers and try and atleast slow them down in one area.

You have been to the playoff 4 times and 5 years as the owner and this is the first year you have been able to get a win. Does that take some of the pressure off and give you a nothing to lose and everything to gain mindset?

Honestly I think it does I am not sure once the playoffs started how many people projected us to be here after the heartbreaking loss we had in week 17. You know we are not a team that seeks the spotlight and we don't believe in things like trash talking. We aren't big on primetime games are post game interviews. We prefer to just sit back let the other teams catch all the headlines while we quietly improve a little bit each game.

Give me a player or two that nobody is talking about that we need to remember as we watch the game ?

TE Justin Austin - He Is player that really came on for us this year and raised his TD total from 1 to 9. He Is a big guy 6'6 265 pounds with mid to high 80's in all 3 speed ratings. He has 93 catch, 94 catch in traffic and 89 route running. So if your going to man up on him then he will beat you 9 times out of 10.

DT Daryll Crawford - He has been a full time starter for us for 2 years now his sack total increased from 3 to 5.5. His main goal isn't to sack the QB its to stop the run and he has played a major role in that area as we have been on of the best the previous 2 years. His 94 block sheeding makes him tough to handle.

Its well known that you and the Browns owner have a good relationship with each other. Does that make this game easier or harder ?

I think it makes it a little easier probably more from the pregame side of things as we know if we was to lose the AFC will be in good hands come time for the super bowl. Once the ball kicks off all friendships are set and as much respect as we have for the we are going to try our best to win. Just like I know he will be doing.