Season 1 Draft Winners

wyrmreaver

All-Star
What follows is only my personal opinion of who had very good success in our 1st draft of Madden 18. I should note that a lot of teams had very good drafts and got a number of players to help their team. I am limiting my winners to 5 though.

wyrmreaver

All-Star
new-york-jets-logo-ipad-1024x10241.jpg

Now look, this is my team so I am biased, but i'm also not dumb. There were a number of teams that acquired more good players than the Jets, they make this list because of only one thing:

1704-Mayfield.jpg

For the same reason that the Rams and Broncos are on my losers list, the Jets make the winners list. We identified QB as our biggest team need, we traded up in the draft and we got our guy who was the best QB in the draft and has fast development and the clutch trait.

The Jets also got a nice defender in LB/DE Marcus Davenport in the second round

wyrmreaver

All-Star
giphy.gif

The Raiders seemed unprepared for the draft, tried and failed multiple times to give away the #5 pick in the draft and then, somehow, some way, had a really great draft.

It started with the pick of Derwin James at #5 overall. At 6-3, 213 James has elite size for the position and is a superior athlete. Not only was he the best player available at #5, but he also filled one of the teams biggest needs.
usatsi_10000987.jpg

The Raiders followed that pick with trading out of the 2nd and acquiring a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in next years draft. The success didnt end their for Oakland. In the 4th Round they drafted Trenton Thompson, a 75 overall DT out of Georgia and then in the 6th they got CB Juan Thornhill who comes in at 73 overall. They even nabbed one of the top kickers in the draft to fill the void left by Janikowski.

wyrmreaver

All-Star
zach1png-41a8070fc2f95262.png

Look, the Browns used a couple of their picks to get Todd Gurley
920x920.jpg

Then they went out and in their first 4 picks (2 each in the first 2 rounds) they snagged talented players to add to an already talented defensive unit.

In the first they went into the SEC and took a couple rivals with CB Carlton Davis (75 OVR) out of Auburn and Ronnie Harrison, a huge physical safety (78 OVR) out of Alabama.

In the second they went to the defensive front, grabbing DT Harrison Phillips (76 OVR, quick dev) and DE Josh Sweat (74 OVR)

wyrmreaver

All-Star
Honorable Mentions

Shape-Green-Bay-Packers-Logo.png

The Pack traded back, picking up extra picks and an athletic LB from the rams then drafted well, getting 5 players rated 74+ including the best two guards in the draft and a pair of players with quick development

1200px-Tennessee_Titans_wordmark.svg.png

The titans didnt make any deals to move up or down, they just sat on their 7 picks drafting stup after stud ending up with 5 of 7 players rated 74+ and the last two at 71.