San Francisco 49ers has hired new coach for 2016 Season (M17)

Duv49ers

Starter
The San Francisco 49ers announced that Steve Duver has been named the 19th head coach in franchise history.

“We are thrilled to announce Steve Duver as the new head coach of the San Francisco 49ers,” CEO Jed York said. “Steve has a proven track record at both the college and NFL levels that speaks for itself. We believe strongly that he is the right man to get this team back to competing for championships. I look forward to watching Trent and Steve work closely to build a team that will make us all proud.”

“He has demonstrated the ability to be innovative everywhere he has coached and has had great success throughout “Steve possesses all the qualities we were looking for in our next head coach,” General Manager Trent Baalke said. “He has demonstrated the ability to be innovative everywhere he has coached and has had great success throughout his career. Steve’s passion for the game and vision for the future of this team clearly stood out to us during the search process. He is an extremely driven individual that I look forward to working with.”

“I would like to thank Jed, Trent, and the York family for this tremendous opportunity to be the head coach of the San Francisco 49ers,” Head Coach Steve Duver said. “As one of the most historic franchises in the National Football League, I realize the high standards and expectations that this position demands and I embrace the challenges ahead. My immediate focus is to build the best coaching staff possible, one that will maximize the abilities of each of our players and put us in the best position to win football games.

Steve Duver joins the 49ers with 10 seasons of coaching experience at collegiate levels.
Before joining the 49ers, Duver served as the head coach at the USC (2009-15) after spending the previous two seasons as the team’s offensive coordinator (2007-08).
Prior to joining USC Trojans, Duver was the offensive coordinator at the University of Central Florida (1999-2006).

Look for more news in the future.

Thanks.

morsdraconis

Contributor
Love it! More collegiate coaches hopping to the ranks of the pros after much success! Coach O'Connor (my coach for the Redskins) looks forward to following Coach Duver's career and hopes that between the two of us, we can be fighting for the NFC title for years to come. :)