Roster Requirements

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Due to the issues that have popped up this offseason pertaining to roster requirements, we are going to implement minimum and maximum roster requirements going forward. It will be each owner's responsibility to make sure each of the minimum requirements are filled before the end of offseason free agency.

I know it was an unforeseen issue this year so we will not impose any sanctions, just help guys get it sorted out. However, in the future, if we need to help an owner satisfy roster requirements they will forfeit draft picks in us doing so. Here will be the draft pick penalties:
  • One player = 7th round draft pick
  • Two players = 6th round draft pick
  • Three players = 5th round draft pick
  • Four players = 5th, 6th and 7th round draft picks
  • Five or more players = 5th, 6th and 7th round picks and being set to auto pilot for next four regular season games.
The way we will handle this is, if an owner cannot meet the minimum roster requirements during any week of the season, I will trade them a lowly rated (under 70 OVR) player(s) at the position(s) they need in exchange for the draft compensation listed above. Prior to the draft (or earlier if I have an excess of picks) I will trade those picks that I acquired in these deals (for a scrub player) to one or more losing CPU teams to help them fill out their rosters and remain competitive.

Roster Requirements (Updated 1/31/15)

POS Min/Max

QB 2/3
HB 3/4
FB 0/2
WR 4/7
TE 2/4
OL 8/11
DL 6/9
LB 5/8
CB 4/7
S 3/5

All teams must carry a minimum of 46 players.

These requirements should help teams remain balanced and realistic in the way that they manage their rosters. It will be the responsibility of each owner to make sure that you meet and do not exceed these requirements. If you are having trouble with available funds, please see our video on How to Make Money in Madden. Also, feel free to PM me or one of your league leaders and we will be happy to provide any guidance that we can.

whoa, Konvict27, Xxclaywilliamxx, sifukeatis, Paytonno1son, BigTexas18, woodsmall12, pack1797, BlackPaw, Mark, beeswarm, rkjones217, Warren7, NightHawkTH32, Titanman931, Trizzle911, cnorys4, SoAndSo, bruiser

Last edited:

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
We looked over some rosters to see how guys were adapting and this is what we found:

Paytonno1son - Chicago Bears

Only has 2 OG (3 required)

Xxclaywilliamxx - Buffalo Bills

Only has 1 C (2 required)
Only has 2 OT (3 required)
Has 7 OLB (Only 5 allowed)

woodsmall12 - Denver Broncos

Only has 1 MLB (2 required)

BigTexas18 - Cleveland Browns

Only has 2 OG (3 required)
Only has 2 DT (3 required)

BlackPaw - Kansas City Chiefs

Only has 45 players (46 required)
Only has 2 OT (3 required)
Only has 1 FS (2 required)

pack1797 - Green Bay Packers

Only has 2 HB (3 required)

sifukeatis - Carolina Panthers

Has 5 HB (Only 4 allowed)
Only has 2 DT (3 are required)
Only has 1 FS (2 are required)

Mark - New England Patriots

Only has 2 DT (3 are required)
Only has 1 FS (2 are required)

Warren7 - Oakland Raiders

Konvict27 - Baltimore Ravens

Only has 1 SS (2 required)

Trizzle911 - Washington Redskins

Only has 2 HB (3 required)

Titanman931 - Tennessee Titans

Has 4 QB (Only 3 allowed)

Only NightHawkTH32, IAmBPBurke, Kwarren3 and myself are in compliance. That sucks! Come on guys. Just because I said we werent going to sanction guys this year doesn't mean you completely ignore it... Some of these are completely out of hand. I don't want to go on a rant, but damn. Are some of guys as committed to following the rules and being fair as everyone else is? We shouldn't have to go through and do this, much less have to make a post like this. Let's get it together!

Paytonno1son

Hall of Famer
No problem. In all honesty, I just cut a OG a week or 2 ago to make room. I will make the necessary change.

It is my opinion that OL positions should be interchangable, but so be it.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
FYI, I may tweak a couple of requirements in the offseason but for the most part everyone should be able to follow these easily. Make sure to utilize the change position feature in the offseason (after the draft before we advance to the preseason). You need to meet the requirements or forfeit draft picks. I don't want to have to do that but we all have to be on roughly the same page. As it stand, we are not.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
No problem. In all honesty, I just cut a OG a week or 2 ago to make room. I will make the necessary change.

It is my opinion that OL positions should be interchangable, but so be it.

In some ways I agree. However, you can also change player's positions in the offseason. Most NFL teams go into the season with at least 8 OL. Maybe the 3 backups are interchangeable, but generally one is a true G, one a true T and once a C. Center especially.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I had to cut a guy that would have made my roster otherwise in order to be in compliance. get it done fellas. won't hurt you too bad

This is why we have rules and everyone is expected to follow them. Its not fair that some guys do what it required while others do not. We are just trying to balance the playing field for everyone, equally.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Last edited: