Reg. Season (S1) Week 4

Use this thread to schedule games for the current week's opponent if you're playing a User. If you're playing the CPU, make sure you're aware of the advance time and get it done as soon as possible

Week 4: Sep. 16th, 9pm (ET)
Advance to Week 5: Sep. 19th, 8pm (ET)

[0-2-1] New York Giants (CPU) vs. [2-1] Washington Redskins (SoAndSo)
[2-1] Green Bay Packers (CPU) vs. [2-1] Chicago Bears (JohnnyShred612)
[1-2] Tennessee Titans (CPU) vs. [2-1] Indianapolis Colts (Ben)
[2-1] Carolina Panthers (Futuriistiics) vs. [1-2] Baltimore Ravens (CPU)
[0-2-1] Detroit Lions (CPU) vs. [2-1] New York Jets (anthonymadis97)
[3-0] Philadelphia Eagles (mookmilly81) vs. [1-2] San Francisco 49ers
[1-2] Atlanta Falcons (CPU) vs. [2-1] Minnesota Vikings (BDJarko)
[2-1] New Orleans Saints (CPU) vs. [3-0] Dallas Cowboys (UndisputedMVP)
[3-0] New England Patriots (motel08) vs. [1-2] Kansas City Chiefs (CPU)

Bye Week
[3-0] Seattle Seahawks (alpaca16)

Week 3 Results

[3-0] Dallas Cowboys (UndisputedMVP) 36 vs. [0-3] St. Louis Rams (CPU) 30
[2-1] Washington Redskins (SoAndSo) 12 vs. [3-0] Philadelhia Eagles (mookmilly81) 31
[2-1] Minnesota Vikings (BDJarko) 41 vs. [2-1] New Orleans Saints (CPU) 24
[2-1] Indianapolis Colts (Ben) 38 vs. [0-2] Jacksonville Jaguars (CPU) 28
[1-2] Oakland Raiders (CPU) 7 vs. [3-0] New England Patriots (motel08) 41
[0-3] Denver Broncos (CPU) 17 vs. [2-1] Seattle Seahawks (alpaca16) 24
[2-1] Pittsburgh Steelers (CPU) 21 vs. [2-1] Carolina Panthers (Futuriistiics) 24
[2-1] Chicago Bears (JohnnyShred612) 30 vs. [2-1] New York Jets (anthonymadis97) 37

Last edited:
Did the Bears and Jets not get their game in?

I haven't advanced, just created the next week's thread. They're still playing. I'd just already had this done so I posted it for everyone else who might want to start scheduling their games.

Though now that I look at it, we don't have any user games this week. Who knows, we might be able to early advance this week

Hey guys, we advance tonight at 8pm ET and still have a few users who haven't played yet. If you haven't played, get your game in asap.

Also, I might not be able to get to a PS3 or even internet at 8pm tonight, so is there someone who can definitely be on tonight who'd accept the duty as a League Admin and advance at the proper time?

It'll be temporary for now, but that position, along with some other league responsibilities (trade comittie, etc) are things we can divvy out going forward. I've been working double shifts every other day at work it seems like and its been cutting into my Madden time, so it's past due for some of the league stuff to be delegated so it doesn't go to the wayside when I'm busy.

Send me a pm if interested. And again, if you haven't played your games yet, you have an 7 1/2 hours or it gets simmed

JohnnyShred612, motel08, alpaca16, BDJarko, SoAndSo, Ben, anthonymadis97, mookmilly81, UndisputedMVP

JohnnyShred612

Contributor
Sorry for not getting my game in, but the league kinda lost priority in my spare time after

-we waited forever to get started so commish could make sure everyone played sim, then I got cheesed against in my FIRST user game with no consequences
-waiver rules were erratically inconsistent
-I got a late answer on one waiver request and no answer on another
-a press conference thread I made was derailed by the commish for rule clarifications on rules he never made

Not really worth the effort I was putting in if this is how it is.

Sorry for not getting my game in, but the league kinda lost priority in my spare time after

-we waited forever to get started so commish could make sure everyone played sim, then I got cheesed against in my FIRST user game with no consequences
-waiver rules were erratically inconsistent
-I got a late answer on one waiver request and no answer on another
-a press conference thread I made was derailed by the commish for rule clarifications on rules he never made

Not really worth the effort I was putting in if this is how it is.

Yeah, I'd consider that a bad experience myself up to this point. I even can fully empathize with all the points you made since they're similar to my feelings

- We had to wait forever to get started because people joined a sim leageue and then played cheese. Even after spending all that time playing just about everyone people were still cheesing first chance they got.
-Instead of enjoying games early on, I kept having to do this or do that because this rule or that rule hadn't been explained right the first time. That was beginning to take up more time getting sorted out than sorting out my team
-I was having a lot of people requesting stuff of me that I was either too busy in my real life to get back to, or too swamped on here and it slipped my mind. People weren't saying it, but they definitely had to be dropping interest if thats how it was going to be.
-I wanted this league to be content-driven because that was what made previous leagues fun, but I haven't even had time to make my own content or enjoy everyone elses. I've devoled to the point where I log on to keep the league moving but aren't enjoying the football of it like I should.

I'm responsible for the experiences you've listed, and the only thing I can say about it is that I'm a pretty rookie league commish. I've been in a few of these forum-hosted sim leagues and they were a blast, so I wanted to play another for M15, but there was no one else making a peep about starting a M15 league in this manner, so I put one out myself.

Obviously I'm making mistakes. I rushed the start and flubbed the rules and set up because I tried recreating Sim leagues either from memory or copy pasting from the other sim leagues on the site without the Leadership teams in place sharing the load that'll make those ones work. A better method would've been to have everything setup before hand and definitely not to have tried doing all that myself.

All I can tell you for now, is that I recognize the experience needs some work and it's likely not great for everyone, even the commish isn't enjoying this the way a good Sim league would be run.

Just got to stick it out for a little bit though till we get our grove. I'm not the only one that needs to run things. If you guys feel you have a understanding of how things should work here, I'll definitely delegate some responsibilities so that things can run smoother. I've been doing everything myself because I felt everyone else was new to this and wouldn't know how it works, but that's not the way it needs to be

alpaca16

Contributor
I'd be happy to take on a responsibility.

All of us are busy (sometimes too busy to get to a PS3), but what we all have (at least I think so) are phones. Anytime I get a spare chance, break between classes, watching football on tv, I check the forums. Simply refresh the page and see the threads that have updated since I last checked.

Other users should try to keep up a bit in this way, just to keep in touch with what is happening in the league. That way if you see your name come up, like for not scheduling a game on time or a suggestion that you stop over targeting a certain player, you can respond and let everybody know what is going on.

If you get a really busy three day stretch and can't play your game, please let us know so we are not waiting on you. It's one thing if your busy and can't play, it's another when you come on the hour prior to the scheduled advance and tell us that you won't be playing this week.

I know some users will be more dedicated than others. That's completely understandable. But to those super-busy players, understand that you have committed to a league. There are rules to follow, and other users in the league besides yourself. So if you can't play, please be polite and give us a heads up. If you find yourself struggling to keep up, maybe you should leave the league for a bit and join back later in the year when you have more time.

I'm sorry this got so long, but I believe that lack of communication is the thing that is leading to a lot of frustrations rigt now. A forum is a great place to communicate with others, and a tool we all must use to keep this league operating smoothly.

Last edited:

motel08

Contributor
I'm still having fun with this. I'll be here for atleast a few seasons.
Same here. I didn't know if it was CPU and I couldn't play a game, that I had to post it. I set it to Simulate on the first day because I wasn't sure I'd be able to get it in.

Reactions: Ben

SoAndSo

Starter
You know what... I won't give u cheesers or haters the benefit of seeing me quit. I have been busy as hell with my new job & looking
for a new house. I think I have contributed enough to get the benefit of the doubt. So that being said, I'm all in. Lets get it. #BewareOfTheScalpel