Rams / Jags trade proposal APPROVED

woodsmall12

All-Star
Jax Jags woodsmall12 ($32.1 mil cap space, $0 cap penalty
Dante Fowler, LE, 23, 82 ovr
2 yrs, 5.15 mil in 2017, 5.74 mil in 2018,
6.6 mil penalty

FB8613F8-AAF0-49A4-BDED-4D67F9268ABE.jpeg

LA Rams Tsmith2211 ($40.6 mil, $0 cap penalty)
Tavon Austin, WR, 26, 82 ovr
5 yrs, 5.95 / yr (7.3 mil last yr), 1.55 penalty
DEBE0B6E-75F8-4D4B-8693-A9BBE76E8B99.jpeg

Rams looking to upgrade their defense, specifically at DE to compliment Aaron Donald w a young an upcoming star in Fowler, the jags current sack leader at 8.5 ... Jax is looking to upgrade at WR w Hurns going down for 8 wks and Robinson opting for free agency recently - Fowler was expendable with the Jags depth on the D line and emergence of LE Ngakoue

majesty95 pack1797 Omletnator13 wyrmreaver firedup24

Omletnator13

All-Star
With the knowledge of a change coming to the Rams defense next season, I think it's easier to find a speedy receiver late the draft than a speed pass rusher. Fowler probably has better potential, while Tavon is about all he is going to be. I'm going to vote yes on this one.

pack1797

Staff member
Well whatever knowledge you have isn't available to the rest of us. Respectfully, I can't make the same level of informed decision without it. I'll hold off voting until I have all the information.

firedup24

All-Star
Fowler is a little undersized as a 3-4 DE so in a 3-4 defense he would be more suited as an OLB. In our rules, he is allowed to move him to OLB and if he chooses to change to a 4-3 next year, he can adjust. The players are close enough in my opinion that I can't see a reason to not allow it. I'll vote yes.

pack1797

Staff member
Fowler has more upside than Austin in my opinion. The jags are also basically locking Austin up for the rest of this cycle with that 5 year contract, while The Rams will need to resign Fowler in a year and a half., or franchise him. I feel like the rams are probably getting more value here, despite the contract differences, but I no rule based reason to vote no here, especially with the move to a 4-3.

I vote yes.