Jukemwr21
NightHawkTH32

LA Raiders Spayer419
$11.5M Cap
2019 6th round pick
upload_2016-1-21_11-25-26.png

Arizona Cardinals Jbek $17.5M Cap
upload_2016-1-21_11-26-55.png

Reason for trade: Murray provides a younger and more electric option in the Cardinals backfield, on an offense that has struggled to do much of anything lately. Buchannon is a backup to a younger stud in DeMarcus Russell, who is a 2nd-year player with better overall and better potential. It's likely the Cards wouldn't resign Deone this offseason.

Murray is burried on the depth chart behind rookie sensation Lu Haynes, who leads the league in rushing, and Andre Ellington, who assumes 3rd down duties for LA. Buchannon offers a significant upgrade to the aging and molasses-slow Bernard Pollard, and a spark of youth in a fairly old secondary.

Last edited:

Jukemwr21

All-Star
What concerns me is Bucannon only has a year left in his contract. Who knows if he will resign. This is going to need a draft pick with it on the Cards side. I'll see what the others say but it's a no for now.

Spayer419

Starter
What concerns me is Bucannon only has a year left in his contract. Who knows if he will resign. This is going to need a draft pick with it on the Cards side. I'll see what the others say but it's a no for now.

Win-now move for the Raiders

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
this seems like a fair trade both players similar age and overall and neither have a big role on there current teams. The safety being in his last year is a good point to bring up but for me that cancels out because HB's are/was a dime a dozen.

I vote yes

I assume raiders hasn't reached his max trade amount?

Jbek

Contributor

It's hard to find good young strong safeties. I completely disagree that I'd need to include a draft pick. If anything Spayer should have trade a higher draft pick than next years 6th

Spayer419

Starter
It's hard to find good young strong safeties. I completely disagree that I'd need to include a draft pick. If anything Spayer should have trade a higher draft pick than next years 6th

I'll agree here, I think if anything i'm getting the more valuable asset in this trade. It makes sense as is given how these are both backups on our team, and we're swapping for positions of need

Jukemwr21

All-Star
I didn't even see that pick in the trade did you georgiafan?, so that needs to be highlighted in red in the future further more, this is how a trade needs to be presented.

Trade Submission

Trade rules have been established to ensure a competitive, yet realistic environment. Each trade must be approved by the league’s Trade Committee. To submit a trade, create a thread in your league’s Transactions sub-forum. Tag each member of the trade committee (put an @ before their username) and include the following info:

Team A - @username ($-- cap space, $-- cap penalty)
Player A, POS Age, OVR, Remaining years on contract, remaining salary, cap penalty

Team B - @username ($-- cap space, $-- cap penalty)
Player B, POS Age, OVR, Remaining years on contract, remaining salary, cap penalty
Draft Pick (Year, Round, Overall)

Its not about finding a SS, it's about protecting the integrity of this league and keeping teams honest. Please see how to present a trade above and make the corrections. As stated before i'll think on it, but for now NO because that pick wont even probably make the team anyway a 6th is nothing.

Jbek

Contributor
I didn't even see that pick in the trade did you georgiafan?, so that needs to be highlighted in red in the future further more, this is how a trade needs to be presented.

Trade Submission

Trade rules have been established to ensure a competitive, yet realistic environment. Each trade must be approved by the league’s Trade Committee. To submit a trade, create a thread in your league’s Transactions sub-forum. Tag each member of the trade committee (put an @ before their username) and include the following info:

Team A - @username ($-- cap space, $-- cap penalty)
Player A, POS Age, OVR, Remaining years on contract, remaining salary, cap penalty

Team B - @username ($-- cap space, $-- cap penalty)
Player B, POS Age, OVR, Remaining years on contract, remaining salary, cap penalty
Draft Pick (Year, Round, Overall)

Its not about finding a SS, it's about protecting the integrity of this league and keeping teams honest. Please see how to present a trade above and make the corrections. As stated before i'll think on it, but for now NO because that pick wont even probably make the team anyway a 6th is nothing.

Idk, I had a 5th round pick turn out to be 82 OVR. I'll gladly take any round pick tbh

Jukemwr21

All-Star
Ok fair enough but is that at all likely? not very. Trust me i get the points yall have made but myself and bigtex have been turned down for the same sort of deals or less. I dont think Bucannon is enough by himself. i'll wait on NightHawkTH32 and Tigers20 to weigh in.

Spayer419

Starter
this seems like a fair trade both players similar age and overall and neither have a big role on there current teams. The safety being in his last year is a good point to bring up but for me that cancels out because HB's are/was a dime a dozen.

I vote yes

I assume raiders hasn't reached his max trade amount?

Yep, this would be my third and final trade.

What's the protocol here with Jbek being part of this trade and on the committee? Does he get to vote on this as well?

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
No if your involved in the trade you don't get a vote. But if we get split 2-2 then we can just get someone like bigtex to cast a vote. Not sure if that's exactly how its been done in the past but that seems fair to me.

Spayer419

Starter
No if your involved in the trade you don't get a vote. But if we get split 2-2 then we can just get someone like bigtex to cast a vote. Not sure if that's exactly how its been done in the past but that seems fair to me.

Cool. Much like with the Jets trade, I would appreciate if we hold off on an early advance prior to this being decided on

Tigers20

All-Star
Hey guys sorry so late to the party here I just got home from work. As far as I'm concerned, this trade given that both of these are backups and the two guys at their respective positions are pretty even. I feel like the 6th round to Jbek would actually true this trade up even more because the way I see it Bucannon is a better pickup so the 6th would even this out. I vote yes.