PX1 Weekly Content/Contributions/Incentive

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
PX1 Weekly continues to be something that we want to feature here. However, we need to restructure it a little. I may also need some help putting it together as I have a lot on my plate with helping to run the league and setting up broadcasts etc.

The first part of the restructuring is going to be using actual forum content in the magazine. I've talked to a few guys and this seems to be the best use of our time. Instead of taking guys away from posting content on the forum, they can continue to do that and we can select the best post to be featured in the magazine.

The second part I will need some help with. If anyone has the Adobe Creative Cloud suite and can access Adobe inDesign and wants to try and learn it, I would love some help putting this together. Jersey has offered to help with Photoshop and the cover and that will be great. I can do the actual magazine piece if nobody else has experience with InDesign or a desire to learn it. However, I will need some help planning/organizing it.

Here is what I will need:
  • A schedule - we need to have a set schedule that we put the magazine out on. Maybe its only once every 2 weeks or even once a month. We just need some kind of schedule and to stick to it.
  • Content - we need everyone posting content on the forum about their teams and/or the league. This can be season previews, mid and post season review, game recaps, division or conference blogs, meet an owner feature, Fact or Fiction, power rankings, Top 5 players at a position, etc. Lots of ways to create content. The world is your oyster.
  • Pictures - we did this a few weeks ago and got some good pics but we need more. For this to grow into what it can become, we need a library of in game pics. We are getting a lot on Twitter, but we also need some good solo closeups for covers. Since we need to cut them out they cannot have other player's limbs or body parts covering them or even behind them. I also need someone that can pull these pics off of Twitter and compile them in one place. We had a gallery option on here before. We might bring that back or use an open sharing solution like Photobucket.
I've talked to many of you and everyone seems to enjoy this feature. With everyone pitching in and contributing we can keep this going and make it a terrific regular feature to the community!

dspbuckle, Luis3250, BigTexas18, Gubber227, georgiafan, pack1797, rkjones217, Paytonno1son, Tigers20, blahblahyea7, Burns, JerseyBorn, NightHawkTH32, Danperez, Justb3r3al