PX1 Sports Magazine

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
This is a feature I am kicking around. It came to me while I was researching some ideas for my Chiefs Preview. I can make a full on 12-24 page magazine for PX1. I could even print it and ship it to guys. There are a few issues we may have though and wanted to see who may be able to help:
  1. Using only pics of the game may not make for a great magazine, especially the cover. Most magazines have some half and full page, hi-res pictures of people, things or places. We might get tired of seeing game screen for 12-24 pages. Anyone have an ideas on what else we could do, especially for a cover photo?
  2. As much as I like to write, I have a million things I'm working on for the site and leagues. Who could help write content? The first issue I'm thinking would be a preview issue for this league which is why I'm posting this here. We wouldn't want guys to write about their own teams so I don't want to steal what's already written. Would want a slightly more objective look at other teams, owners or players. Would anyone be able to help in that regard if we can solve the issue above?
This is just another avenue that I am exploring to make our league(s) as immersive as possible. Let me know what you guys think and if any of you could help with either of the points mentioned above. Thanks!

Xxclaywilliamxx, Colefolks319, Konvict27, BigTexas18, pack1797, majesty95, Glen Cieske, rkjones217, Paytonno1son, BlackPaw, Kwarren3, sifukeatis, woodsmall12, NightHawkTH32, Dee5197, CJTHA1, georgiafan, Adaws820, Steviebillions, priestmvp, iTvizzyy

Paytonno1son

Hall of Famer
It sounds like a really cool idea, but also a huge time consuming venture for all participants. I know content is always a struggle for me if I can't get it done within a 1/2 hour is so. Time is not my friend lately.

pack1797

Staff member
I'd hate to commit and not be able to follow through. That being said, I'll do what I can, writing wise, to help.

Ps. Are we going to have a centerfold?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Good writing skills are preferred haha. I'd probably only need one article from a few different people. But there would be time involved in interviewing guys or researching teams or players. I do have a need for graphics for it to though if anyone who cannot write could possibly help with those...

Glen Cieske

All-Star
I'd rather have a digital copy then a printed copy. I'll do what I can, possibly be an editor especially if you post the articles on Google Drive. I don't mind writing but my time is limited until the end of October.

P.s. I second the centerfold idea lol

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Lol. Well...the template I originally got the idea from did have a girls in bikinis page lol. We would do a digital edition for sure and post it here on the forum. But a printed one could be made also.

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
I like this. I could possibly help in times I'm not consumed with work. 3 weeks out of the month, i get consecutive days off, so that would be a good stretch for me to do it in.