Project Sliders

Glen Cieske

All-Star
Good evening people!

While watching NFL games the last few weeks, I have begun to question if we could do a better job at replicating real life. One of my biggest pet peeves of Madden is the timing of the routes and the insane accuracy of QBs on short to intermediate throws.

While I don't remember the exact game I was watching it came to me.

In real life any QB can just sit back in the pocket and be accurate most of the time if he has no pressure in his face. That also holds true in Madden, if there is no pressure then the QB will be accurate. If there is a man in his face or if he is moving his accuracy will go down. What I also wanted to replicate was the timing of the ball coming out of the QBs hands to the pass rush getting to the QB. I wanted the potential of the QB getting hit while throwing a curl route but still have the potential to have good enough blocking to throw a deep ball.

I also wanted to be forced to throw routes more in tune with how it is done IRL, When throwing a streak route the ball is typically leaving the QBs hands when the WR is 10 - 15 yards downfield because the QB has read the defense and thinks he is going to be open. Currently I think we are allowed to much time to think in the pocket, we should have to move around more or get sacked for waiting too long.

Now moving on to the timing issue. I tested out the different game speeds in Madden to find one that was similar to real life. So I took LeSean McCoy into practice mode and ran some 40s, I found with game speed on FAST the player ran a more correct 40 time. While this isn't exact because I don't have 3 hands but it was as close as I could get.

Another thing I wanted to address was the tackling, I noticed in league games there are rarely any broken tackles. That is just not the case IRL, but I also didn't want every 1 v 1 tackle getting broken so I tried to find a happy medium

From there I went into adjusting the sliders. I then started a test CFM, where I controlled all 32 teams so I could play with any of them to test my sliders. After playing a bunch of games I think I have found a great set that will challenge you to the point were there is no need to monitor the routes you are throwing to because the defense actually plays good in coverage. While by no means are these perfect and I'm sure they could use some adjusting here they are:

As a Disclaimer: I am not trying to get the current slider set changed, this is something that we could possibly use as a starting point for our slider set when M17 drops.

Game Settings

All-Madden
12 Min Qrts
16 Accel Clock
Game Speed FAST

Injuries 60
Fatigue 58
Spd Threshold 62

HUM

QB Accuracy 30
Pass Blocking 40
Catching 47
Run Blocking 52
Fumbles 50
Pass Defense Reaction Time 48
Interceptions 35
Pass Coverage 54
Tackling 43

CPU

QB Accuracy 35
Pass Blocking 40
Catching 47
Run Blocking 42
Fumbles 50
Pass Defense Reaction Time 45
Interceptions 35
Pass Coverage 56
Tackling 35

Special Teams

FG Power 45
FG Acc 35
Punt Power 47
Punt Acc 55
KO Power 48

Penalties

Offsides 60
False Starts 55
Holding 53
Defensive Holding 45
Face Mask 52
DPI 45
Block in the Back 40
Roughing the Passer 35

I choose the 12 min quarters because I think the bad playcalling we see from the CPU could partially be because of the time. I have no evidence of this, it is purely a theory. My other reasoning is because this gives a more accurate amount of plays when compared to real life. This year in the NFL the most plays ran on offense per game is the Texans at 69.9 and the lowest St. Louis at 57.5. I have been getting in the mid 60s depending on the game but also have been as low as 52.

I am going to start an offline franchise using these (I am still debating what team to use), after I play a game I will post the stats here. I plan at some point to set up a day/time to stream the game so you guys can see it in action if you don't have the time to play one yourself.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

georgiafan BigTexas18 Paytonno1son Gubber227 CJTHA1 Tigers20 oBUCKNUTo NightHawkTH32 rkjones217 Blackhawk375 x0xHumblex0x Jbek Danperez Jukemwr21 dspbuckle Studley021 Spayer419 Xxclaywilliamxx Jandy Imperfect611 Luis3250

Spayer419

Starter
This is great Glen. I agree with everything that you've said in regards to gameplay issues, and have always felt that tweaking the sliders is something that should be considered. I'd be open to trying something different for M16, but understand where that could get dice

Imperfect611

Starter
Hey somebody took this random idea and ran with awesome I have been doing the same thing kinda, but my sliders were made to be punishing on mistakes and used for training not for a consistent environment.

x0xHumblex0x

Contributor
Good evening people!

While watching NFL games the last few weeks, I have begun to question if we could do a better job at replicating real life. One of my biggest pet peeves of Madden is the timing of the routes and the insane accuracy of QBs on short to intermediate throws.

While I don't remember the exact game I was watching it came to me.

In real life any QB can just sit back in the pocket and be accurate most of the time if he has no pressure in his face. That also holds true in Madden, if there is no pressure then the QB will be accurate. If there is a man in his face or if he is moving his accuracy will go down. What I also wanted to replicate was the timing of the ball coming out of the QBs hands to the pass rush getting to the QB. I wanted the potential of the QB getting hit while throwing a curl route but still have the potential to have good enough blocking to throw a deep ball.

I also wanted to be forced to throw routes more in tune with how it is done IRL, When throwing a streak route the ball is typically leaving the QBs hands when the WR is 10 - 15 yards downfield because the QB has read the defense and thinks he is going to be open. Currently I think we are allowed to much time to think in the pocket, we should have to move around more or get sacked for waiting too long.

Now moving on to the timing issue. I tested out the different game speeds in Madden to find one that was similar to real life. So I took LeSean McCoy into practice mode and ran some 40s, I found with game speed on FAST the player ran a more correct 40 time. While this isn't exact because I don't have 3 hands but it was as close as I could get.

Another thing I wanted to address was the tackling, I noticed in league games there are rarely any broken tackles. That is just not the case IRL, but I also didn't want every 1 v 1 tackle getting broken so I tried to find a happy medium

From there I went into adjusting the sliders. I then started a test CFM, where I controlled all 32 teams so I could play with any of them to test my sliders. After playing a bunch of games I think I have found a great set that will challenge you to the point were there is no need to monitor the routes you are throwing to because the defense actually plays good in coverage. While by no means are these perfect and I'm sure they could use some adjusting here they are:

As a Disclaimer: I am not trying to get the current slider set changed, this is something that we could possibly use as a starting point for our slider set when M17 drops.

Game Settings

All-Madden
12 Min Qrts
16 Accel Clock
Game Speed FAST

Injuries 60
Fatigue 58
Spd Threshold 62

HUM

QB Accuracy 30
Pass Blocking 40
Catching 47
Run Blocking 52
Fumbles 50
Pass Defense Reaction Time 48
Interceptions 35
Pass Coverage 54
Tackling 43

CPU

QB Accuracy 35
Pass Blocking 40
Catching 47
Run Blocking 42
Fumbles 50
Pass Defense Reaction Time 45
Interceptions 35
Pass Coverage 56
Tackling 35

Special Teams

FG Power 45
FG Acc 35
Punt Power 47
Punt Acc 55
KO Power 48

Penalties

Offsides 60
False Starts 55
Holding 53
Defensive Holding 45
Face Mask 52
DPI 45
Block in the Back 40
Roughing the Passer 35

I choose the 12 min quarters because I think the bad playcalling we see from the CPU could partially be because of the time. I have no evidence of this, it is purely a theory. My other reasoning is because this gives a more accurate amount of plays when compared to real life. This year in the NFL the most plays ran on offense per game is the Texans at 69.9 and the lowest St. Louis at 57.5. I have been getting in the mid 60s depending on the game but also have been as low as 52.

I am going to start an offline franchise using these (I am still debating what team to use), after I play a game I will post the stats here. I plan at some point to set up a day/time to stream the game so you guys can see it in action if you don't have the time to play one yourself.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

georgiafan BigTexas18 Paytonno1son Gubber227 CJTHA1 Tigers20 oBUCKNUTo NightHawkTH32 rkjones217 Blackhawk375 x0xHumblex0x Jbek Danperez Jukemwr21 dspbuckle Studley021 Spayer419 Xxclaywilliamxx Jandy Imperfect611 Luis3250

you should looks at this sliders at Operation Sports:
http://www.operationsports.com/foru...flazkos-true-nfl-realism-sliders-all-pro.html

only the biggest EA (Madden) Community Supported Site in the Country. these guys do this for EA.........

i have known them since i was a Moderator back when they were MaddenMania.com.
they know what they are doing.......

just saying

Glen Cieske

All-Star
Yeah I've been on OS for around 8 years.

While they do have some great guys that work on sliders I always find that after a handful of games it still gets too easy to win.

x0xHumblex0x

Contributor
Yeah I've been on OS for around 8 years.

While they do have some great guys that work on sliders I always find that after a handful of games it still gets too easy to win.

are you talking about winning vs the CPU or a Live Opponent?
and
what setting all-pro or all-madden?

if you want it harder then go all-madden

x0xHumblex0x

Contributor
check........
try these maybe;

Game Options

Auto Strafe: Off
Heat Seeker Assist: Off
Defense Assist: Off
Coin Toss: USER Preference
Quarter Length: 15 Minutes (9 or 10 without Accelerated Clock)
Play Call Style: User Preference
Camera Toggle: On
Skill Level: All-Madden
Coaching Tips: Off
Game Speed: Normal
Ball Hawk: Off
Play Clock: On
Accelerated Clock: On/Off USER Preference
Minimum Play Clock Time: 17 seconds

Offense Camera Settings: User Preference
Defensive Camera Settings: User Preference

Injuries: 71